Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Shops in Charlotte,NC?

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
I'll be visiting Charlotte,NC tomorrow and was curious if there are hat shops worth visiting in that area.

Thanks

frijoli

One of the Regulars
MDphoto said:
I'll be visiting Charlotte,NC tomorrow and was curious if there are hat shops worth visiting in that area.

Thanks

I don't think there are any. Let me know if you find one!
Clay

Atlanta Fop

New in Town
A Good Experience at Alexander Hats (Charlotte, NC)

Good afternoon, folks. I'm from Atlanta and new to this forum. I saw this post and wanted to bump it to make sure the North Carolina folks are aware of Alexander Hats in Charlotte.

Last week, I happened to be in Charlotte for business and went to Alexander Hats during a break (I had Google-d "Hats in Charlotte" and found this place. I had a great experience there and ended up ordering a hat from Keith (the owner). The store sells hats by Borsalino, Selentino, Bailey, Stetson, Dobbs - pretty much whatever you may need. It is not a huge shop, but if they don't have the hat you're looking for, they can order it for you. I beleive they also do blocking and cleaning, and even do some custom made hats. Keith seems like an honest-to-goodness "hat guy" hatter that has been in the business for a long time (he mentioned he got started at Worth & Worth in NYC) - and there aren't too many of those guys left. It's a plus that he's a nice guy.

No connection to the place - just a first-time visitor who had a really good experience and a great chat with another "hat guy."

I'm sure Keith won't mind listing the address, so here it is:

4401 E. Independence Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28205
www.alexanderhats.com

All the best,

Chad

frijoli

One of the Regulars
Atlanta Fop said:
Good afternoon, folks. I'm from Atlanta and new to this forum. I saw this post and wanted to bump it to make sure the North Carolina folks are aware of Alexander Hats in Charlotte.

No connection to the place - just a first-time visitor who had a really good experience and a great chat with another "hat guy."

4401 E. Independence Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28205
www.alexanderhats.com

All the best,

Chad

Thanks Chad, nice to hear about a good experience. I am going to visit them next time I'm in Charlotte.

I did visit there website, and it sucks. The pictures horrible!

Clay

Atlanta Fop

New in Town
Frijoli,

Agreed - you can't brag on the Web site that much, but I think Keith makes up for the Web site with a really good attitude.

Hope you find something on your visit; please let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Chad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner