Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat size poll

What is your hat size?

• Total voters

cptjeff

Practically Family
The Lark said:
This makes me worried. I want to order a Stetson from America in 7 1/8 because my Akubra Bogart is 57cm. However, I know the panama hat I bought from the same store (same store as the akubra, even though it isn't an akubra itself) is 7 to 7 1/8 in size and doesn't quite fit me!
If it's supposed to fit a range of sizes it won't fit either quite right. Your bogart would be a much better indication of your true size.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought I was a 7 3/8 LO. Turns out I'm a 7 1/4 LO/XLO (I seem to be right @ the border b/twn the two). Makes custom pretty much my only option, aside from the more oval Akubras (only because they conform really well).

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Yes, the shape also plays into it. I wear a 7 3/4 Long Oval, so on this poll, I voted for 7 3/4. But when a hat is rigid enough that it can't flex to a shaped head, and Long Oval is not available, I have to get a 7 7/8 or even an 8 standard shape, and just live with the wide gaps on the side of my head, while the front and back are snug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails