Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat size poll

What is your hat size?

• Total voters

Canadave

One Too Many
I'm sure we did this before, but I can't find it. I've searched extensively, and apologize if it's been done recently. If so, point me in the direction and pretend this never happened.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Depends on the hat and maker. I've got hats in 3 of the sizes listed that fit me (7 3/8-7 5/8), and two in 7 3/4 that I pad because I love them so. :D I believe that my true hat size is 7 1/2 slightly l.o., so I'll vote for that.

billysmom

One Too Many
I usually wear a 6 7/8 long oval in American hats. British 6 3/4. Punti 4 or 4 1/2. Old Knox's are tight, so a 7 will sometimes do nicely.

Sue

Geesie

Practically Family
7 3/4 (7 5/8 after a particularly close haircut).

The results seem to be shaping up bimodally... I wonder if that's because of a low sample size or another reason.

4and1

One of the Regulars
I'm 1/2 way between 6 7/8 and 7. I voted 6 7/8, because I prefer to stretch a hat to a snug fit rather than shrink one to a loose fit. But, if I see a nice vintage hat in size 7 that I like I'll gladly nab it.

Either way, I have a great selection on good deals. However, ebay was a lot more fun before Mario and Billysmom showed up!

High Pockets

Practically Family
And all along I thought my 7 3/8 head was a large one,......looks like I'm average instead, I like that!:D

Off the rack I wear a 7 3/8. When I buy ebay hats however, since they all immediately go for a rebuild, anything from 7 1/8 to 1/5/8 fits perfect!

frussell

One Too Many
Varies

Depending on the brand, I'm usually somewhere between a 7 3/4 long oval and a 7 7/8. I had a hatmaker tell me once that the only true 8 he ever measured was Oprah! Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21