Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Stretcher suggestions

trailrunner

Familiar Face
I had suspected from my reading here that my head was a long oval shape. The fact that my new Fed is a bit tight on my forehead with a little space at the sides of my head seems to confirm that.

I saw on Ebay "Fat Charley's Hat Stretcher - Long Oval". I was thinking that I might be able to use that to shape my hat to fit just right.

Anyone have any experience with Fat Charley or suggestions on similar products that might be better?

KatintheHat

Suspended
I have that problem too, except that I'm more of a short oval. :) I just dampen them around the ribbon, pull it down snug and wear it all day, that way. Your head is your best hat block. ;)

trailrunner

Familiar Face
katinthehat said:
I have that problem too, except that I'm more of a short oval. I just dampen them around the ribbon, pull it down snug and wear it all day, that way. Your head is your best hat block. QUOTE]

I tried something similar. I actually put a light toboggan on my head one evening to give my head a little more size and pulled my hat on over it. I wore it like that for several hours and it worked great, but after a few days the hat tightened up on my forehead again.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
No problem. I'm
here%20to%20help.gif

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Just made a purchase on Ebay, something I've been looking for quite a while now and have finally found:

Wood Hat Stretcher

143c_1.JPG

1543_1.JPG

Goes up to size 7 5/8 by the looks of it (that's UK size which is 7 3/4 USA size). Might have one or two hats to try out on it before long... :)

N.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy