Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat to fit in a locker?

jml90

One of the Regulars
Mmmmkay I'm looking for a grey hat preferably more dressy that I could put into my locker at school. I've looked at the Akubra Casual but, it has a dinky band. Are regular felts pliable enought to do this? Or should I get the casual?

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
jml90 said:
Mmmmkay I'm looking for a grey hat preferably more dressy that I could put into my locker at school. I've looked at the Akubra Casual but, it has a dinky band. Are regular felts pliable enought to do this? Or should I get the casual?

How big is the locker? Is there a shelf inside that it can sit on, or will it be smashed? If the locker is long enough, you might think about getting a sticky hook that you can put on the inside wall of the locker and hang the hat vertically.

epic610

One of the Regulars
most high schools...

allow students to wear those atrocious baseball caps .....oversized and crooked at that. can't you wear it at least in between classes?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I wear mine between classes, take it off during most, with the exception of digital art and engineering.

jml90

One of the Regulars
epic610 said:
allow students to wear those atrocious baseball caps .....oversized and crooked at that. can't you wear it at least in between classes?
Yeah those aren't catholic schools.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have you considered

jml90 said:

this little number?
traveler.jpg.jpg

(barkeeps; as this is a fixed price "buy it now listing, I trust that I have not violated the posting regs?)
I have been looking at these for a while. I am a photographer and spend alot of time out of doors and when I do arrive at an assignment I need something I can just stick away in my bag and pull out again when it is time to go. They seem a little on the high end price-wise, considering they are only wool, but I may have to pull the trigger on one of these before too much longer...watta ya' think?

RBH

Bartender
Rick Blaine said:

this little number?
traveler.jpg.jpg

(barkeeps; as this is a fixed price "buy it now listing, I trust that I have not violated the posting regs?)
I have been looking at these for a while. I am a photographer and spend alot of time out of doors and when I do arrive at an assignment I need something I can just stick away in my bag and pull out again when it is time to go. They seem a little on the high end price-wise, considering they are only wool, but I may have to pull the trigger on one of these before too much longer...watta ya' think?
Pretty good looking lids! I like a bigger brim, but to have a hat you can tuck away, this may be your ticket.
jml90, I say you have a lot of styles and types to choose from, the folks here will put you on to some great hats.
P.S. the BCF hats in DeanGlens thread may fit what you need. Check them out.

D

dzacca

Shade said:
http://www.villagehatshop.com/jaxon-crushable-c-crown-fedora.html
This is a nice hat, at a great price. Small, easily packed, and stylish. I own one myself.
That picture gives a better representation of what it looks like in real life than the picture on the website. Good luck :)

Hi Shade, which color do you own? From the site it seems to be of a light brown, in your photo seems to be darker. I'm looking for a dark brown crushable fedora and this one looks fine...

Shade

New in Town
dzacca said:
Hi Shade, which color do you own? From the site it seems to be of a light brown, in your photo seems to be darker. I'm looking for a dark brown crushable fedora and this one looks fine...

I've got a gray one. The site gives a poor representation of shape, but a good representation of color. I can't speak for what the true color brown is, but I can tell you that the gray is sharp. I highly recommend this hat. It goes nicely with pretty much anything...dressy, casual, jeans, dress pants, etc.

D

dzacca

Shade said:
I've got a gray one. The site gives a poor representation of shape, but a good representation of color. I can't speak for what the true color brown is, but I can tell you that the gray is sharp. I highly recommend this hat. It goes nicely with pretty much anything...dressy, casual, jeans, dress pants, etc.

Well, I also need a gray one ;)

I just have 2 black hats, a stetson's sardis the I use when in travel and a black fedora.
I like the hat you are suggesting very much, nice shape, rigth balance of crown heigh and brim size. It just look nice and it also has a reasonable price. I think I'll buy one. I just need to wait for my friends to come back in Italy, the shipping cost is 1.5 time the hat price :eek: :(

Shade

New in Town
dzacca said:
Well, I also need a gray one ;)

I just have 2 black hats, a stetson's sardis the I use when in travel and a black fedora.
I like the hat you are suggesting very much, nice shape, rigth balance of crown heigh and brim size. It just look nice and it also has a reasonable price. I think I'll buy one. I just need to wait for my friends to come back in Italy, the shipping cost is 1.5 time the hat price :eek: :(

It's a nice hat and I only have one complaint...I got it wet once and it lost a bit of its stiffness. This is easily fixed of course...just a little quirk. But overall, a good hat.

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
My friend, I do the same thing everyday. I'm a high school freshman. At my
school we're not allowed to wear any hats, unless for religous perpouses. But I
bring my hat to school anyways, and sneak it in when I can. Keys to bringing a
hat to school.

1. Make sure you have enough room in your locker to store it. DO NOT BRING A
BOX.
2. Most lockers have hooks at the top, that's where I hang mine and it works
out well.
3. I advise not to bring it to lunch
4. Bring a thin felt hat, a hat you would use as a beater, but that still looks