Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatbox Homage

Dobbs Game Bird

Dobbs Game Bird

B

dobbs_gamebird_box_1.jpg

dobbs_gamebird_box_2.jpg

Was this for the Game Bird as well or just coincidental? Not mine ...

upload_2020-11-16_19-3-10.png

upload_2020-11-16_19-3-53.png

upload_2020-11-16_19-4-16.png

upload_2020-11-16_19-4-47.png

Jesse John

One of the Regulars
70DB6335-586C-47AA-81F5-FD8E55A06557.jpeg
2BECDD53-E6CB-4E26-B3FA-B4E7A7F05BF7.jpeg
Here’s something quite interesting that I came across. Someone was selling this box along with an old Cavanagh Homburg. The hat itself is nothing special and also has holes (bummer). The box on the other hand, possibly a bit more valuable. Looks very much like the early S100 and 7x boxes but with no logos or labels! I felt like this would make a good travel box for my 7x. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 314511 View attachment 314510 Here’s something quite interesting that I came across. Someone was selling this box along with an old Cavanagh Homburg. The hat itself is nothing special and also has holes (bummer). The box on the other hand, possibly a bit more valuable. Looks very much like the early S100 and 7x boxes but with no logos or labels! I felt like this would make a good travel box for my 7x. Would love to hear your thoughts!

I can not comment as to your query. I did wish to respond that I am really enjoying the pic of this corner of your house. Glorious and eye appealing to both the vinyl records, turntable, whiskey bottle, hat displays, quilt hat box and wall art. Thanks for sharing an interesting corner of your abode.

Cheers, Eric -

View attachment 314511 View attachment 314510 Here’s something quite interesting that I came across. Someone was selling this box along with an old Cavanagh Homburg. The hat itself is nothing special and also has holes (bummer). The box on the other hand, possibly a bit more valuable. Looks very much like the early S100 and 7x boxes but with no logos or labels! I felt like this would make a good travel box for my 7x. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Jesse, I’ve only seen one other of those boxes and it too came with a Cavanagh, though a different model. I imagine yours did too originally. Beware of storing a light colored hat without a cover in that box. The dye in that paper will transfer to a hat, I know.
27CF3F72-ACA3-4169-97C9-C9F204E3ED55.jpeg
EE09889A-E5C6-4EF4-B962-9E37BB260C58.jpeg
F9932321-B054-4F70-A0CA-41A445CAB781.jpeg
01DB2474-BFDF-416E-8570-5386D0EB0D06.jpeg
735C02B8-59A7-438D-AB26-AAD5763079CC.jpeg

RossRYoung

Practically Family
I don’t have pictures of it since I sold it a while back, but I had a similar reaction to a very nice high end Martin guitar. It was a post 2000 model, and the green hard shell case interior had bled into the cream/ivoroid binding of the guitar, and partially into the Brazilian rosewood back and sides. It was a common incident though. After doing research, it was a specific year of cases and specific green padding.

I don’t have pictures of it since I sold it a while back, but I had a similar reaction to a very nice high end Martin guitar. It was a post 2000 model, and the green hard shell case interior had bled into the cream/ivoroid binding of the guitar, and partially into the Brazilian rosewood back and sides. It was a common incident though. After doing research, it was a specific year of cases and specific green padding.

Wow, Ross, I haven’t heard of that before. These hat boxes are pretty cheaply made and the tube is paper covered in a thin maroon vinyl or adhesive backed plastic. Not good for the contact points of the hat.

Jesse John

One of the Regulars
I can not comment as to your query. I did wish to respond that I am really enjoying the pic of this corner of your house. Glorious and eye appealing to both the vinyl records, turntable, whiskey bottle, hat displays, quilt hat box and wall art. Thanks for sharing an interesting corner of your abode.

Cheers, Eric -

Eric, thank you very much for taking the time to comment on my arrangement. I try to keep my essentials organized. I try to stay inspired, this is just one of my many odd ways of doing so. Appreciate you sir!

Jesse John

One of the Regulars
Jesse, I’ve only seen one other of those boxes and it too came with a Cavanagh, though a different model. I imagine yours did too originally. Beware of storing a light colored hat without a cover in that box. The dye in that paper will transfer to a hat, I know.
View attachment 314679 View attachment 314680 View attachment 314681 View attachment 314682 View attachment 314683

woah, yes. Mine definitely did not come with a “one hundred” and I wish it did! Thanks for sharing those photos. Looks like the case makes sense for the hat! Shame about the discoloration issue. I have 2 S100 cases, one with the plastic holder and one without. I was hoping to keep hats in them without any bags or covers but you make a great point. Better safe than sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto