Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Speaking of day drinking, the old Bailey Panama, pairs with Elysian Immortal IPA. I wanted to like this beer, since Space Dust is one of my favorites. In my opinion, this one is out of balance. The hop bitterness completely overrides the malt. Not a pleasant aroma, almost as though all bittering hops were used, and not much finish or aroma hops. I was suspicious with the abv of 6.3, just not enough grain bill for a proper IPA!
Now I see what is called session IPA, even lower alcohol versions, yuck!
6f5b1ae8f20df97e1f404c5012af2f6c.jpg
11701d3f4a45b0bd2eea95dae5dcf50a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can't "like" the beer but appreciate your evaluation of it. Love the older OR Panama's and that's a fine example. Probably my size as well. Still looking for one.

Oh man, you never fail to make me thirsty. That stout looks so good, even to a dedicated hop head!

You would think an Irish Cream Ale might be like a "summer" Stout but I was greatly disappointed. The cream Ale was weak & it was more like those lawnmower beers Bob likes than it was a Stout.

But the bartender told me of an Ale right up Bob's alley. I wasn't man enough to try one but I looked it up after getting home: a carrot & apple Ale!

IMG_7795.JPG

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Bama! I didn't like it very well either. I think an ice cold PBR may have been better!
Can't "like" the beer but appreciate your evaluation of it. Love the older OR Panama's and that's a fine example. Probably my size as well. Still looking for one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21