Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Terrific dram to enjoy the warmth and taste! I see that your "library" of whiskeys has a good many options. Be warm and cheers sir.

I have just arrived home and have started some cajun catfish grilling on the grill. The spicy fish finds me enjoying a dram of Yamazaki 12 on some chopped ice. I am thinking that the full flavored whiskey on ice will pair up well with the heat of the catfish.

[​IMG]

Apologies for the messy stack of hats in the background of the pic. My messy "workbench, " teak desk, will take some effort to clear by working/cleaning/steaming/blocking a bunch of hats. Cheers.

Eric -

2. Blackened Cajun catfish with dirty rice & jalapeño hush puppies are a big favorite of mine. No talapia for me, thanks! I usually pair that with a nut brown ale but I like your idea of the Yamazaki.

Rmccamey, Scooterz, Hagwood and 2 others like this.
  3. Hagwood

Hagwood Practically Family

Thanks Eric. The Catfish sounds great !

I've been drinking Scotch (and to a lesser degree Irish Whiskey) for about 35 years, after I graduated from Crown Royal, LOL.

Like Jack was saying above, I love going to Irish/English Pubs whenever I see them and trying something I haven't had before. I've kinda settled on the Macallan 12 as my every day dram, and enjoy the Highland/Speysides the most, especially the Sherry Cask Aged. I do always keep several Islay's around though for when in the mood for a "Real Man's Drink"....

I tried several of the Japanese Single Malts when they were in their infancy and didn't really care for them. Seemed unrefined back then, but I guess I should try them again.

Cheers.

4. Wore my Dunlap Supreme 4XQ out for tacos & Dos Equis Ambers.

IMG_6454.jpg

IMG_6453.jpg

IMG_6452.jpg

IMG_6455.jpg

Then home to a bottle of Tequila Ocho Silver Single Estate for the rest of my Tequila Tuesday. Just one more day till Tequila Thursday!

IMG_6457.jpg

IMG_6456.jpg

IMG_6458.jpg

IMG_6460.jpg

5. Hagwood

Hha, very nice ! Is tomorrow Whisky Wed ? Or Whiskey with an ‘e’........

Rmccamey likes this.
  6. Dealers choice. I usually spend Wednesday nights at a Brewpub where friends gather.

7. An evening spent wearing a Stetson No.1Q, with good friends & several GC 2-Pulls.

IMG_6463.jpg

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6461.jpg

IMG_6464.jpg

It was Whiskey with an 'e', as in a couple shots of Knob Creek 120 after witnessing some trauma.

IMG_6282.JPG

Just kiddin' about the trauma. Everybody left mellow.

8. Desert dog

Desert dog My Mail is Forwarded Here

That is an outstanding hat in style and color! Some draft with friends and a fine hat, it don't get better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hurricane Jack likes this.
  9. Thanks DD! Being a 3x6 NOR in a No.1Q I like it a lot. I don't recall seeing one before. I'm very happy to own it, maybe even saved it!

Bamaboots and Desert dog like this.
  10. Hagwood

Ha ha, I hope there was no trauma.
    Great hat !

11. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Such a great hat and sounds like a good time was had. I wish we knew the model of that hat. It's the very same as my 7X CB.

Hurricane Jack likes this.
  12. Thanks BB. It has the 2nd generation embossing & no protector over the crest.

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

My latest No.1Q has the 2nd generation embossing with an early celephane-like plastic protector, so I'm thinking it's a few yrs older.

IMG_6297.jpg

IMG_6305.jpg

IMG_6306.jpg

IMG_6309.jpg

Rmccamey, Ross Young, Hagwood and 4 others like this.
  13. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

It is older than my 7X but of the same model and it's older than both of my No. 1's.

14. Hagwood

Enjoying a Saint Arnold Christmas Ale with the Portis at home this evening. I know it’s early, but I’m always waiting for the Winter Beers.....

DFC2DDC1-1400-4431-A968-1F0B01FB88E6.jpeg

15. Sacrificed good beer for good Q in my MBCD fresh out of summer slumber. Could use a steam touchup. Bad camera exposure, it's mid-brown. Great pulled pork butt & grilled pineapple steaks, with a cored & grilled apple in a crushed Oreo crust for dessert.

IMG_6474.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

IMG_6476.jpg

IMG_6472.jpg

IMG_6477.jpg

16. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Holiday cheers! Malty or spiced beers are excellent.

The dinner menu sounds tasty. Mmmm...

Home shortly ago and starting to grill a beer can chicken. An open can of All Day IPA inside the cavity of a dressed chicken with a cajun dry rub on the skin and inside. The hoppy beer flavor permeates the meat adding to the taste of the dry rub. I am sipping a Founders Oatmeal Breakfast Stout while supervising the grill. My wife is preparing some oven roasted potatoes and steamed green beans with mushrooms and onions. That is way plenty at this time of night.

[​IMG]

BTW: Gannon (green moss felt with charcoal gill trimmings).

Cheers, Eric -

17. Hagwood

Sounds like a great menu ! Nice color on that Gannon.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  18. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]

There was a chocolate peanut butter stout in there. It was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Hagwood

Nice hat and Stein, but chocolate peanut butter stout......

bowlerman likes this.
  20. Somewhere there's a German steinmaker rolling over in his grave!