Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Knob Creek and The Cow Lot Beaver Twenty Five
BC5D5B05-BF30-4920-9D52-6EB62B6FEFD4.jpeg

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Didn’t get a chance to post this last night, but thought it was pretty cool. After a busy day cleaning gutters, windows, power washing after all the oak trees are finally done with their mess, relaxing with a Deep Ellum Dallas Blonde.

Deep Ellum is a cultural/entertainment district in Dallas with a lot of historical buildings. I noticed on the can they hat a water tower that said Adam Hats on it. Never knew it before, but there is an Adam Hats Loft Apartments over there that was the old Adam Hats Factory. It was originally a Ford Model T plant built in 1913 and Adam moved in in the 50’s.

62A42C4C-34A0-444C-B548-C16AC9C45C51.jpeg

ABBF6BA0-F087-4EF7-AF21-D201B1A3CCA8.jpeg

BB08AEFF-D600-465C-BCC5-71FD6EEDE801.jpeg

ACE4F374-DBCF-415E-8177-C3CA68C15589.jpeg

8A161AED-7F3C-4237-9F03-E816B26C3787.jpeg

983DC04A-3DC8-413C-B10D-67FC9C28872D.jpeg

Didn’t get a chance to post this last night, but thought it was pretty cool. After a busy day cleaning gutters, windows, power washing after all the oak trees are finally done with their mess, relaxing with a Deep Ellum Dallas Blonde.

Deep Ellum is a cultural/entertainment district in Dallas with a lot of historical buildings. I noticed on the can they hat a water tower that said Adam Hats on it. Never knew it before, but there is an Adam Hats Loft Apartments over there that was the old Adam Hats Factory. It was originally a Ford Model T plant built in 1913 and Adam moved in in the 50’s.

View attachment 229263

View attachment 229264

View attachment 229265

View attachment 229266

View attachment 229267

View attachment 229268
Very cool Tim! One of the reasons I wanted an Adam hat is sometimes when I find old Buddy Rogers memorabilia like tickets are newspaper ads ect.... I see the event sponsored by Adam hats... or tickets available at Adam hats. So I find that pretty cool. Definitely a cool nod to Adam hat history in your state.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good day. Breakfast coffee in a Whippet. (You can see more about the stingy Whippet in the What Hat Are You wearing thread.)

i-NQntPKK-M.jpg

The coffee of the month delivery from Atlas coffee is a medium roasted Burundi coffee. It was grown on a farm in Gatara. Since 2008, with a more stable government and busness climate the coffee in Burundi has been a rising star of specialty coffees. It has a sweet note followed with a citrus / drier finish. I enjoyed the first cups without cream much better. This is a coffee to drink black.

Post run I finished several glasses of tap water. Yes good old refreshing tap water.

i-xzZ6H8c-M.jpg

Lunch beer is an Omni Lime Gose. A refreshing tasting beer to have with a salad.

i-Q46K5Qc-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Great history!

Very cool Tim! One of the reasons I wanted an Adam hat is sometimes when I find old Buddy Rogers memorabilia like tickets are newspaper ads ect.... I see the event sponsored by Adam hats... or tickets available at Adam hats. So I find that pretty cool. Definitely a cool nod to Adam hat history in your state.

I can’t believe I didn’t even know it was over there, but I am more of a Ft Worth guy than Dallas. Sounds like there is some cool memorabilia there in the lobby, I’ll have to go check it out once all this China Virus crap is over.

Perry @hatophile

Teeling Single Malt Irish Whiskey with my Stetson Shady Oak Farm Amon Carter 3X. Nothing better!

Distilled from 100% malted barley at 46% ABV. It has no age statement because it is vatted with other Teeling Single Malts of a similar age & finished in casks of Sherry, Port, Madeira, White Burgundy & Cabernet Sauvignon, & it is non chill filtered leaving all the flavor & taste from the finishing to go into the bottle. If you like Macallan's Sherry series Scotch Single Malt you will get more out of this.

Non Chill Filtering leaves a crystal clear & clean golden straw color. Flavors of orchard fruits, banana & honey. Just a touch of spice & wood. No peat or smokiness. Soft oily mouth feel. Like a cordial, an aperitif or a digestif; it would be a waste to drink this with a snack or a meal. Or mix or dilute it. I like it a lot.

IMG_7570.jpg

IMG_7571.jpg

IMG_7575.jpg

IMG_7572.jpg

IMG_7574.jpg

IMG_7573.jpg

Perry @hatophile

Teeling Single Malt Irish Whiskey with my Stetson Shady Oak Farm Amon Carter 3X. Nothing better!

Distilled from 100% malted barley at 46% ABV. It has no age statement because it is vatted with other Teeling Single Malts of a similar age & finished in casks of Sherry, Port, Madeira, White Burgundy & Cabernet Sauvignon, & it is non chill filtered leaving all the flavor & taste from the finishing to go into the bottle. If you like Macallan's Sherry series Scotch Single Malt you will get more out of this.

Non Chill Filtering leaves a crystal clear & clean golden straw color. Flavors of orchard fruits, banana & honey. Just a touch of spice & wood. No peat or smokiness. Soft oily mouth feel. Like a cordial, an aperitif or a digestif; it would be a waste to drink this with a snack or a meal. Or mix or dilute it. I like it a lot.

View attachment 229367

View attachment 229368

View attachment 229372

View attachment 229369

View attachment 229371

View attachment 229370

Great hat and whiskey review, HJ. Enjoyed it and I’ll be on the hunt for some.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Thanks BB. Teeling calls their Single Grain, Single Malt, & Single Pot Still the Trilogy. I haven't tried the Single Pot Still yet but I can see me keeping 2 of the 3 on my bar.

Great review Jack. I was checking to see if my local liquor store had it, but looks like they only have the Teeling Small Batch. Have you tried that one ?

upload_2020-4-21_9-55-19.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran