Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Great review Jack. I was checking to see if my local liquor store had it, but looks like they only have the Teeling Small Batch. Have you tried that one ?

View attachment 229533
No I haven't tried it. Around here it's priced below the Single Grain & it's not part of the Teeling trilogy. I would/will probably try it at some point but want to try the Single Pot Still next. If you try it let me know what you think of it.

Just finished my duties as Head Maintenance & Groundskeeper of Hurricane Manor. It's already too hot wearing my Akubra Territory so I guess I'm back to a Palm leaf already.

IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_6968.JPG

I bought some Zipline Mimosa White Farmhouse Ale the other day. I'm going to slam one of those, then hit the shower.

IMG_8616.PNG

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
No I haven't tried it. Around here it's priced below the Single Grain & it's not part of the Teeling trilogy. I would/will probably try it at some point but want to try the Single Pot Still next. If you try it let me know what you think of it.

Just finished my duties as Head Maintenance & Groundskeeper of Hurricane Manor. It's already too hot wearing my Akubra Territory so I guess I'm back to a Palm leaf already.

View attachment 229546

View attachment 229548

I bought some Zipline Mimosa White Farmhouse Ale the other day. I'm going to slam one of those, then hit the shower.

View attachment 229549

I picked ip a bottle at lunch, so I will report back tonight.

I almost bought this while I was there, but didn’t want to cut into my Hat Budget....

5B799B79-218B-4A8B-9B7A-BD2888650A74.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Cheers this evening folks; Like many of you yard tasks wer on the list of "to Do's" today. Good old tap water was the satisfying beverage. A bit later I opened a bottle of the Founders Oatmeal Stout.

i-ZTsdsTR-M.jpg

i-p9HQ7sf-M.jpg

As much as the water was satisfying the Oatmeal Stout is a treat.

i-TSxG2Zv-M.jpg

Some luxuries during these uncertain times bring a smile to your face and this is one for me. Cheers, Eric -

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab

Just for you Jack:

C5D33872-602E-413D-99D2-3624A20DF3CA.jpeg

9FF32985-2D74-41C6-AA39-690BB4582F5D.jpeg

Pretty tasty I must say, especially for the price. It’s finished in rum casks and non-chill filtered at 92 proof. I swear I can taste some banana in it.
Malt, honey, caramel, and some vanilla notes.

Definitely not as complex as the Scotches that I favor, but a very nice smooth Irish Whiskey. Can’t wait to try the Single Malts when I can find them.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I'll have to check that out next time I'm on that side of Dallas.

Didn’t get a chance to post this last night, but thought it was pretty cool. After a busy day cleaning gutters, windows, power washing after all the oak trees are finally done with their mess, relaxing with a Deep Ellum Dallas Blonde.

Deep Ellum is a cultural/entertainment district in Dallas with a lot of historical buildings. I noticed on the can they hat a water tower that said Adam Hats on it. Never knew it before, but there is an Adam Hats Loft Apartments over there that was the old Adam Hats Factory. It was originally a Ford Model T plant built in 1913 and Adam moved in in the 50’s.

View attachment 229263

View attachment 229264

View attachment 229265

View attachment 229266

View attachment 229267

View attachment 229268

I can’t believe I didn’t even know it was over there, but I am more of a Ft Worth guy than Dallas. Sounds like there is some cool memorabilia there in the lobby, I’ll have to go check it out once all this China Virus crap is over.

Just for you Jack:

View attachment 229683

View attachment 229684

Pretty tasty I must say, especially for the price. It’s finished in rum casks and non-chill filtered at 92 proof. I swear I can taste some banana in it.
Malt, honey, caramel, and some vanilla notes.

Definitely not as complex as the Scotches that I favor, but a very nice smooth Irish Whiskey. Can’t wait to try the Single Malts when I can find them.
Love the old shakers, decanter & glass. EAPG? Always wish that old stuff could talk; the stories it could tell.

Glad you weren't disappointed in the Small Batch.

Perry @hatophile

Teeling Single Malt Irish Whiskey with my Stetson Shady Oak Farm Amon Carter 3X. Nothing better!

Distilled from 100% malted barley at 46% ABV. It has no age statement because it is vatted with other Teeling Single Malts of a similar age & finished in casks of Sherry, Port, Madeira, White Burgundy & Cabernet Sauvignon, & it is non chill filtered leaving all the flavor & taste from the finishing to go into the bottle. If you like Macallan's Sherry series Scotch Single Malt you will get more out of this.

Non Chill Filtering leaves a crystal clear & clean golden straw color. Flavors of orchard fruits, banana & honey. Just a touch of spice & wood. No peat or smokiness. Soft oily mouth feel. Like a cordial, an aperitif or a digestif; it would be a waste to drink this with a snack or a meal. Or mix or dilute it. I like it a lot.

View attachment 229367

View attachment 229368

View attachment 229372

View attachment 229369

View attachment 229371

View attachment 229370
:)

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Love the old shakers, decanter & glass. EAPG? Always wish that old stuff could talk; the stories it could tell.

Glad you weren't disappointed in the Small Batch.

Thanks Jack. No, not EAPG, a little later 1920’s Art Deco. The decanter is a vintage Edinburgh Crystal, and I have some matching Double Old Fashioned glasses along with an old Waterford in a very similar pattern my Wife got for me. My favorite glass. We have a 20’s Art Deco Bar with reverse painted glass that we try to compliment with various accoutrements.

236270BA-87F5-4290-A26E-D49BFF6CD6AD.jpeg

4F534900-1AA9-4F7B-B9E5-E21A2E4F29F9.jpeg

BA98BF35-CB2B-479F-B41B-87F39C97FCD3.jpeg

Thanks Jack. No, not EAPG, a little later 1920’s Art Deco. The decanter is a vintage Edinburgh Crystal, and I have some matching Double Old Fashioned glasses along with an old Waterford in a very similar pattern my Wife got for me. My favorite glass. We have a 20’s Art Deco Bar with reverse painted glass that we try to compliment with various accoutrements.

View attachment 229798

View attachment 229800

View attachment 229797
Nice crystal then & a great bar! I've always wanted a nice decanter but I probably wouldn't ever fill it. I remember my grandmother had a lot of EAPG glassware. I enjoy using that kind of stuff.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Nice crystal then & a great bar! I've always wanted a nice decanter but I probably wouldn't ever fill it. I remember my grandmother had a lot of EAPG glassware. I enjoy using that kind of stuff.

Thanks Jack, me and the Wife both love that stuff. You probably don’t want to store anything you drink in the heavy leaded vintage crystal, so I just put some cheapo something in there for looks. I guess the glasses are OK because the drink isn’t in there long enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points