Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Thanks Jack, me and the Wife both love that stuff. You probably don’t want to store anything you drink in the heavy leaded vintage crystal, so I just put some cheapo something in there for looks. I guess the glasses are OK because the drink isn’t in there long enough.
You probably like some of the same vintage bar & liquor items I do. I've been keeping an eye on a bar caddy just like this one but in black & virtually NOS, unused. It's in a shop & they are looking for some heavy money for it. So far I've walked away.

IMG_8633.JPG

IMG_8634.JPG

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
You probably like some of the same vintage bar & liquor items I do. I've been keeping an eye on a bar caddy just like this one but in black & virtually NOS, unused. It's in a shop & they are looking for some heavy money for it. So far I've walked away.

View attachment 229988

View attachment 229989

Ahh yes, that's right up our alley ! There were so many cool bar items in the 20's - 40's. When my Wife saw our bar at an Antique shop about 20 years ago she said it looked like something in a Dean Martin Movie, LOL. I went back later and got it for her as a surprise.

Good luck with the caddy, maybe now is a good time to get them down on the price......

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
You folks have some serious bar and liquor paraphernalia. I like it! Classy and nostolgic, but yet it serves a function to keep those bottles within reach.

Leftovers on the deck with an Old English Porter, New Glarus, WI. My brother and I exchanged some of our local beers (by shipping). Deliciously sour taste. Don't tell my brother that Wisconsin can make some darn good beer.

i-cRVKNBS-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Ahh yes, that's right up our alley ! There were so many cool bar items in the 20's - 40's. When my Wife saw our bar at an Antique shop about 20 years ago she said it looked like something in a Dean Martin Movie, LOL. I went back later and got it for her as a surprise.

Good luck with the caddy, maybe now is a good time to get them down on the price......
Check out this Pop Up Bar & Cigar Butler.

IMG_8722.JPG

IMG_8723.JPG

IMG_8721.JPG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Pop-U...108379?hash=item1f0d0f8a1b:g:4v0AAOSwqSteb~Wc

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
@Hagwood Tim

Staying on track I have been wearing my Stetson Twenty-five OR this morning.

IMG_7600.jpg

Now let me show you my 1880's cigar cabinet made by the Brunswick-Balke-Collander Co. When I was a kid before I was old enough to drive, I was taken several times to a small town with a bowling alley & a private pool hall on the second floor. This place was right out of the early 1900's. By the time I was in my 20's the second floor pool hall had been closed because the roof was leaking, but the bowling alley remained open. Yrs later on a road trip I remembered the old place & stopped. I learned the bowling alley had closed by then & the building was still standing supposedly with everything pretty much still in there. Long story short, I was able to buy a few pieces from the deceased owner's son, including this cigar cabinet.

IMG_7596.jpg

IMG_7599.jpg

It was in bad shape from being in a damp environment all those yrs. The center door frame was warped so bad it couldn't be opened all the way, but the original wavy glass had not been broken. I fully restored it, it's solid walnut with original glass, even locks & key. My wife liked it so much she immediately claimed it as her china hutch.

IMG_7597.jpg

IMG_7598.jpg

The side doors open to expose more adjustable shelves behind the lower door panels. The cabinet has a ledge along the base (where the pitcher is sitting) & is designed to sit on a marble base. I can't sit it on the base however because it becomes too tall for an 8' ceiling.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
@Hagwood Tim

Staying on track I have been wearing my Stetson Twenty-five OR this morning.

View attachment 231020

Now let me show you my 1880's cigar cabinet made by the Brunswick-Balke-Collander Co. When I was a kid before I was old enough to drive, I was taken several times to a small town with a bowling alley & a private pool hall on the second floor. This place was right out of the early 1900's. By the time I was in my 20's the second floor pool hall had been closed because the roof was leaking, but the bowling alley remained open. Yrs later on a road trip I remembered the old place & stopped. I learned the bowling alley had closed by then & the building was still standing supposedly with everything pretty much still in there. Long story short, I was able to buy a few pieces from the deceased owner's son, including this cigar cabinet.

View attachment 231016

View attachment 231019

It was in bad shape from being in a damp environment all those yrs. The center door frame was warped so bad it couldn't be opened all the way, but the original wavy glass had not been broken. I fully restored it, it's solid walnut with original glass, even locks & key. My wife liked it so much she immediately claimed it as her china hutch.

View attachment 231017

View attachment 231018

The side doors open to expose more adjustable shelves behind the lower door panels. The cabinet has a ledge along the base (where the pitcher is sitting) & is designed to sit on a marble base. I can't sit it on the base however because it becomes too tall for an 8' ceiling.

Man Jack, that is just too cool ! That would be a little big for a home humidor, so much better to be used as a china cabinet. They just don't make stuff like that anymore. And the history makes it even more special. Do you remember seeing it when you used to go to the place ?

That would be a little big for a home humidor, so much better to be used as a china cabinet. They just don't make stuff like that anymore. And the history makes it even more special. Do you remember seeing it when you used to go to the place ?
I would like to use it as a liquor cabinet. I can't say that I honestly remember it from when I was playing there. I have Repo catalogs of Brunswick-Blake-Collender that have them in it. I'll see if I can get some pics of that stuff.

Quite the piece,
Thanks BB. By the time I was there the pool tables were pretty well destroyed. Tables tend to have a lot of veneer on the cabinet & legs & all the veneer was coming off from the dampness. Only things made of solid wood had a chance to be restored.

I bought a back bar too, similar to the one shown below. But mine has a fancy crown across the top, & more drawers below. Two of the drawers are copper lined for tobacco. It's about 10' tall & wont fit even if I leave the crown off. Still have it in my shop, unrestored.

IMG_8733.JPG

I have a fancy Art Deco coffee percolator I always wanted to display in the center alcove where the cash register goes.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Evening meal of baked potatoes (bacon, onion, cheese, dab of sour cream and veal stock as a topping), side salad that was served with a sour beer. Mmmm!

i-64gWRd2-M.jpg

Sitting on the deck sipping a dram of Yamazaki single malt 12. This is a glorious taste on a Spring evening. My wife and I agree that that this whiskey is special.

i-x89GWw5-M.jpg

Sipping on the deck this evening and chuckling recalli g with my wife the quote attributed to Johnny Carson, “Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky, and a dog to eat the rare steak.”

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -

rclark

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112