Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Day drinking some Murray McDavid 11 yr old Blended Scotch whisky under an OR RD. A blend of 4 Speyside Single Malts with Lowland Single Grain Scotch whisky. Then finished in a hogshead by the MOOR Beer Co for an additional yr. 92 proof. A smooth dram served neat producing a little warmth in the chest, but no burn.

IMG_9898.jpeg

IMG_9899.jpeg

IMG_9896.jpeg

IMG_9897.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Birthday celebrations yesterday and today. I started yesterday with a Minoh Beer Stout. Etsuko had their Pale Ale.
IMG_0491.jpeg

The Stout won the World’s Best Stout in 2016.
IMG_0492.jpeg
Best stout in the world? I couldn’t say, but it is a damn fine stout.
Starting today with their W-IPA. Another goodie. Etsuko went for a Pilsner.
IMG_0535.jpeg

Black Cherry Hornskov Emissary for the occasion.
IMG_0536.jpeg

Unfortunately I do not remember which bourbon was poured..(want to say maybe Old Forrester 100 Proof signature ). or what the name of this local chocolate porter was. But I was quite surprised to find a bar inside a liquor store in La Grange, Kentucky…. oh sorry. “Bourbon tasting station” ;) Lion Hats.

IMG_20240307_145352494_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240307_145401573_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240307_145421122_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

Celebrating the fast approaching Saint Patrick’s Day before it passes all too quickly, with some day drinking. Under a Resistol, first with a few Free State Brewing’s Copperhead Pale Ales. Clean & crisp @ 6% ABV. A professional bartender always makes a pretty pour.

IMG_9924.jpeg

Then a few doubles of Keepers Heart 10 Irish Single Malt Whisky. Awarded ‘World's Best Irish whiskey' of 2023. 86 proof. Aged 10 yrs in bourbon casks then finished in Malaga wine casks. Complex tastes of cereal, fresh baked bread, butter & honey, toast, nuts & dark stone fruit. I like this a lot.

IMG_9926.jpeg

IMG_9927.jpeg

IMG_9925.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am staying on point with the upcoming celebration of the patron saint of Ireland sipping a Guinness.

Being curious I googled up info on where my beer comes from. Interesting:
Guinness Extra Stout in the US is brewed in Canada, either by Labatt or Moosehead - it will say either, respectively, Toronto or New Brunswick (below).
In Canada, their Extra Stout is brewed by Labatt.
Guinness Draught (keg, can, bottle) and Guinness Foreign Extra Stout in the US both come from Ireland.

i-jQkJLB9-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

An afternoon celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day under a Keith Bros derby with a few doubles served neat, of Knappogue Castle Twin Wood 14 yr old Irish Single Malt aged in bourbon & Oloroso Sherry casks. 92 proof. Tastes of vanilla, barley/brown fruit & nuts. Rich tasting finish. A touch of heat in the chest. I like this better than Green Spot or Redbreast 12.

IMG_5469.jpeg

IMG_5485.jpeg

IMG_9994.jpeg

IMG_9993.jpeg

IMG_5470.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
An afternoon celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day under a Keith Bros derby with a few doubles served neat, of Knappogue Castle Twin Wood 14 yr old Irish Single Malt aged in bourbon & Oloroso Sherry casks. 92 proof. Tastes of vanilla, barley/brown fruit & nuts. Rich tasting finish. A touch of heat in the chest. I like this better than Green Spot or Redbreast 12.

View attachment 600424
View attachment 600428
View attachment 600427
View attachment 600426
View attachment 600425

Thanks for the review Jack. Better than Green Spot or Redbreast. I do enjoy Green Spot. Green Spot is a hardier taste and enjoyable. Redbreast is an easy sip. I have added this to my whiskey buy list.

Work escapades found me home late yesterday. A Guinness was my nod to all things Irish.

i-J4d8T5x-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner