Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Mmm Green Spot. Excellent choice Jack. I do like Green Spot. I can taste Green Spot (non age statement) in my memory. Your post reminds me that I still have to make an opportunity to sample Red and Yellow Spot.

Tonight I was sipping some Surley West Coast slushy. Fun and different drink. The beers should be back to their normal cool temps by tomorrow.

i-pT2T52F-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
I remember many years ago... during a night of drinking I must have placed some beers into the freezer to cool off. I awoke the next morning with more beer as the last thought on my mind. I opened the freezer to find the most delicious looking beer slushees. I could not resist their calling and they were incredibly refreshing :)

Still wearing the Moore Bulldogger I needed to go to Walgreens. While in there I swear I heard their beer cooler calling my name. Picked up Guinness Draught Stout again & didn't notice until I got home a different can in their series celebrating the Guinness campaigns of the 1930's & 1950's. The other can I'm familiar with had the Toucan instead of the sun.

IMG_8184.jpg

IMG_8187.jpg

Stayed out on the porch but it didn't take long for the mosquitoes to find me.

IMG_8188.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Still wearing the Moore Bulldogger I needed to go to Walgreens. While in there I swear I heard their beer cooler calling my name. Picked up Guinness Draught Stout again & didn't notice until I got home a different can in their series celebrating the Guinness campaigns of the 1930's & 1950's. The other can I'm familiar with had the Toucan instead of the sun.

View attachment 251855

View attachment 251856

Stayed out on the porch but it didn't take long for the mosquitoes to find me.

View attachment 251857

Interesting can Jack. I have not seen that can at my local liquor stores. Truth be, I usually am shopping Guinness bottles. Why bottles, why of course it is my habit. I should consider carefully my habits. I googled Guinness Draught cans and see many different can imprints. I am learning tonight - thank.

I am empathetic to mosquito challenges. Tonight I applied mosquito repellent for my backyard, deck wanderings. In my neighborhood I use oodles of it thru the summer months.

I am home with the cap that left with me wearing it to work before the sun rose. Home I am wandering the property, in the dark, sipping a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. I chose it for being an excellent "pine" taste and a solid IPA. After a 14 hour day, I recommend it heartily.

i-gTrx5Mj-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Interesting can Jack. I have not seen that can at my local liquor stores. Truth be, I usually am shopping Guinness bottles. Why bottles, why of course it is my habit. I should consider carefully my habits. I googled Guinness Draught cans and see many different can imprints. I am learning tonight - thank.

I am empathetic to mosquito challenges. Tonight I applied mosquito repellent for my backyard, deck wanderings. In my neighborhood I use oodles of it thru the summer months.

I am home with the cap that left with me wearing it to work before the sun rose. Home I am wandering the property, in the dark, sipping a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. I chose it for being an excellent "pine" taste and a solid IPA. After a 14 hour day, I recommend it heartily.

i-gTrx5Mj-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Normally I would prefer bottles too, but so far I've only bought the Draught on sale at Walgreen's & they have cans only. I'm wondering about the nitrogenator in the cans; bottles would not have that?

I happen to still have one of the Toucans only because I cut the top open to see what the nitrogenator was. I guess I better keep one of the sun cans too. I just checked online & here are the different cans for their commeration:

IMG_0068.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Catching up;

i-bQnbFL8-M.jpg

I am definitely in an IPA beer kind of mood lately. From top left; Surley One Man Mosh Pit IPA, Surley Hop Shifter IPA, Omni Peel'n IPA and an Atlas Guatemalian cold brew (with 18% fat half and half w/ice cubes). The IPA's have a bracing or hoppy taste. The "bitterness" has been tasting terrific this past week. Taste is a funny sense as a mix of stimuli come together and our brain works to recognize, record and recount a certain flavor. Taste plays a role in flavor, but all of the other senses work in cooperation to create flavor too. When I drink an IPA, I experience a lot different components. The differences of sweet, bitter, sour, salty or umami all are different with the IPA's I showcase above. In this case, there might be some sweet and bitter, but when the taste of an IPA is paired with the aroma and golden color, you sense flavors like grapefruit, fruit, pine, roses, etc.

I am forcing myself to take the time to reflect on the differences of the brewed beers this past week. Each is different and I appreciate the differences. Curious, I have ordered the book, Neurogastronomy: How the Brain Creates Flavor and Why It Matters by Gordon M. Shepard.

Anywhoo, cheers folks. I hope you are enjoying your hats and drinks today. Best, Eric -

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
Most of the time if I indulge myself in an adult beverage, it's whiskey. I'll have an occasional beer In social settings, but most of the time it's whiskey. Over the past few months I've delved into the realm of rum. I'm not well versed in it, but it's a good change of pace. One of the favorites that I've been introduced to is Zacapa. A great sipper with a nice body to it. In trying to find something a bit cheaper, I was recommended a brand by the name of Zaya. I was told it was very similar for about $20 less. In my opinion, I have to say that it missed the mark. The initial hit of flavor is nice. Sweet and somewhat light, but quickly a taste hits that leaves me feeling as if it were stored in a plastic bottle over time. The upsides are nice, but that quick aftertaste almost negates everything I like about it. I'll finish the bottle and enjoy it, but I will probably find something else to fill the niche in the future.

Rebel Yell 100 on deck for the weekend.
IMG_20200814_003513.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ