Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Last evening I enjoyed a cold Guinness.

i-vjDk54T-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

On this Sunday afternoon I was drinking some Lagers when a few friends showed up & wanted to play call shot rounds. I knew one friend would be calling Jagermeister shots on his turn but was surprised when another friend asked if we liked Kenny Chesney’s Blue Chair Bay Rums? So for his rounds he bought three of the cream rums. I took pics of what I liked.

First up was the Banana Rum Cream. We all had one shot & it had a tolerable banana flavor probably best served in the winter in hot chocolate or maybe coffee. Perhaps a Latte. My least fav.

IMG_7257.jpeg

The second round was the Key Lime Cream Rum. Delicious, I could see where this would be great in cocktails or substitute in any recipe that called for milk or cream. Perhaps even as a floater on top of a frozen margarita. We enjoyed several rounds of the Key Lime. Shown with my Resistol Waco I was wearing.

IMG_7259.jpeg

IMG_7261.jpeg

IMG_7258.jpeg

IMG_7260.jpeg

IMG_7264.jpeg

And lastly was the Mocha Rum Cream. Would be a good winter drink OTR or in coffee like an Irish Cream.

IMG_7262.jpeg
IMG_7263.jpeg

All of these are 30 proof I think so don’t be afraid to try one. And there are other flavors not available at this establishment. I’ll be picking up a bottle of Key Lime on my next liquor run.

Out in the late afternoon for a few Dos Equis Lagers under a buckskin/Dun colored Stetson One-hundred. Then home for a NBD of Cascahuin Tahona Blanco Tequila.

IMG_7297.jpeg

At 42% ABV (84 proof) it consistently averages a rating of 90 by a distillers panel. The brick oven cooked agave is still crushed by a Tahona leaving behind small chunks & agave fibers which add flavor during the fermentation in cement tanks. Lots of cooked agave flavor, black pepper corn, earthy minerals & vegetals, some citrus. No alcohol or medicinal flavor present.

IMG_7299.jpeg

IMG_7300.jpeg

IMG_7302.jpeg

IMG_7298.jpeg

As a comparison, Cascahuin Plata 48 posted up thread scores upper 80’s by the same panel. The brick oven cooked agave is crushed by a modern roller mill crushing all so there are no small chunks & fibers for fermentation.

Both have their spot in my cabinet.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Out in the late afternoon for a few Dos Equis Lagers under a buckskin/Dun colored Stetson One-hundred. Then home for a NBD of Cascahuin Tahona Blanco Tequila.

View attachment 524601

At 42% ABV (84 proof) it consistently averages a rating of 90 by a distillers panel. The brick oven cooked agave is still crushed by a Tahona leaving behind small chunks & agave fibers which add flavor during the fermentation in cement tanks. Lots of cooked agave flavor, black pepper corn, earthy minerals & vegetals, some citrus. No alcohol or medicinal flavor present.

View attachment 524599

View attachment 524598

View attachment 524597

View attachment 524600

As a comparison, Cascahuin Plata 48 posted up thread scores upper 80’s by the same panel. The brick oven cooked agave is crushed by a modern roller mill crushing all so there are no small chunks & fibers for fermentation.

Both have their spot in my cabinet.

Grand Stetson 100 and I appreciate the review jack.

Yesterday evening, home from work I enjoyed a Guinness. The cooler evening temps and sipping a Guinness was the way the world should be.

i-ttp6NNf-M.jpg

This morning I sipped coffee (Costa Rican Peaberry), sipped a Guinness fixing breakfast and celebrated with a Surley Pilsner after running some errands.

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Out for HH under my Gannon Highwayman in natural enjoying a few Boulevard Tank 7 IPA’s @ 8.5% ABV. My fav IPA. Second & third in my opinion would be Dogfish Head 90 min IPA @ 9% ABV, then VooDoo Ranger IPA @ 7.5% ABV. YMMV.

View attachment 525026
View attachment 525027
View attachment 525025
View attachment 525029
View attachment 525028
View attachment 525030

Sounds very tasty HJ. I do enjoy Ranger. I have it on a list to buy before the 4Th. I see in my notes I sampled 90, but I do not see me writing an opinion. Tonight I add it to my shopping list. As to your fav Boulevard 7 I ordered some to be delivered this coming Sunday. I will post up what I think of the brews. Thanks for the kick off the boring beer bench.

Home tonight just before the sun sets, on the proverbial boring beer bench, a Surley Pilsner and a Guinness were my indulgences.

i-qt8RRN6-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Sounds very tasty HJ. I do enjoy Ranger. I have it on a list to buy before the 4Th. I see in my notes I sampled 90, but I do not see me writing an opinion. Tonight I add it to my shopping list. As to your fav Boulevard 7 I ordered some to be delivered this coming Sunday. I will post up what I think of the brews. Thanks for the kick off the boring beer bench.

Home tonight just before the sun sets, on the proverbial boring beer bench, a Surley Pilsner and a Guinness were my indulgences.

i-qt8RRN6-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Tomorrow, Wednesday 6/14 is National Bourbon Day in the US.

20230614_173708.jpg

Nancy's sister-in-law is from Oaxaca, and she brought a bunch of these on a fishing trip over Memorial Day. In spite of several warnings from the Americans in the group, I had to try the stuff...mainly because by the end of the evening it's all that was left. In all fairness, the orange flavor was pretty gross, but I liked the pineapple/chili kind enough that I bought some more of it when I saw it at the gas station on the way home from work today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana