Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening my normal, Surley Supreme was just the ticket for a cool walkabout.

i-cL7FFL2-M.jpg

Tonight I felt like a Founders Breakfast Stout. This Imperial Stout has the extra hops and grains to produce some big full bodied flavor. It has a 8.3% abv.

i-zqBFHJV-M.jpg

i-dfVx9j5-M.jpg

I really enjoy this coffee, oat and chocolate tasting Stout. I am pairing it with a red beans, rice and shrimp dinner. It hits the spot.

Cheers to all, Eric. -

Rumad

One Too Many
Today, on our quest to try all the highest rated pizza in the area, we landed at Sal’s in Mamaroneck. I’d give Sal a solid 8.3, it was very good. Later in the evening we drove to Raasa for amazing (as usual) Indian food. Lamb biryani for me, and a delicious German wheat beer. Was rockin’ my navy Gannon today. Not much time left with the kid, we drive her back to school Sunday. Off to John’s of Bleeker, tomorrow, for the highest rated pizza in manhattan. I always thought Lombardi’s was better, I’m hearing that’s no longer the case. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Be careful out there.
IMG_2587.jpeg
IMG_2589.jpeg
IMG_2590.jpeg
IMG_2568.jpeg
IMG_2570.jpeg
IMG_2571.jpeg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Darn cold this morning. After morning grocery and hardware store errands I enjoyed a Guinness outside. After some outside chores I started the grill to prepare some buffalo sausages for breakfast. A Surley Supreme was a grand choice for the warmer -9'f(-22'c) temps.

i-CwkRBkS-M.jpg

The local birds have been very active at our feeders the past couple days.

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This past Sunday evening my brother-in-law and I enjoyed some The Glenrothes. He brought his "new" fav whiskey over for us to sample. Delicious. I did not tell him I have a similar bottle of whiskey. We sipped and had a long pleasant conversation. I suggest this is a great in-law sipping whiskey.

i-NdZJfmX-M.jpg

No hats or caps worn during the sipping. My brother-in-law declined the suggestion to sip and walk the property.

Last night I went out with some colleagues. This is a rare occasion for us. A shrimp Po Boy and a SKA Tropical Hazy was a treat.

i-rfBMsWv-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
Today, on our quest to try all the highest rated pizza in the area, we landed at Sal’s in Mamaroneck. I’d give Sal a solid 8.3, it was very good. Later in the evening we drove to Raasa for amazing (as usual) Indian food. Lamb biryani for me, and a delicious German wheat beer. Was rockin’ my navy Gannon today. Not much time left with the kid, we drive her back to school Sunday. Off to John’s of Bleeker, tomorrow, for the highest rated pizza in manhattan. I always thought Lombardi’s was better, I’m hearing that’s no longer the case. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Be careful out there.
View attachment 579584 View attachment 579585 View attachment 579586 View attachment 579587 View attachment 579588 View attachment 579589
Don’t know about the pizza but Weihenstephaner is a good German wheat beer.

Speaking of good German beers; made with spent German mash:

IMG_4910.jpeg

Not for human consumption.

The Shoe

One Too Many
A trip to a big bottle store on the Wakayama side of Osaka (there are no particularly impressive ones in Wakayama). Prices were mixed, some (mainly bourbon) better than Amazon, some (mainly scotch) worse, but the selection was far better than anywhere in Wakayama. Here’s the bourbons with a few other stragglers around the edges.
IMG_0075.jpeg

I decided to be adventurous and try a Lithuanian “Belgian Style White Ale”. Etsuko wasn’t game.
IMG_1500.jpeg
IMG_1501.jpeg

When it turned out to be delicious, she ended up drinking half of mine.
The hat for the day was my Silverbelly Campdraft.
IMG_1503.jpeg

We also picked up a bottle of Classic Laddie (in the all new lightweight bottle), a bottle of Templeton, to explore Rye Whiskey further (sticking with entry level for now), a cheapish quaffer (in the litre bottle) and some Margarita juice.
IMG_1512.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy