Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Grilled marinated flank steak and a gin and tonic for dinner tonight. Wearing my Stockman.
20240205_182914.jpg

20240205_183349.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Earlier last week found me enjoying some Caribean Glenlivet. It was a warm day and seemed like the right combo. Bent Paddle pilsner, Founders All Day IPA, and an Omni Sour provided some variety.

i-JsWxRsc-M.jpg

Mid week travels had me enjoying a sparkly lemon mocktail. Business had me mocktailing it.

i-42hHX3Q-M.jpg

The last day of the week ended late and a collegue and I headed out to a local Dallas brewery, Union Bear Brewing. Excellent on-line reviews and they served late night food made it an easy choice.

i-5kVDGHh-M.jpg

While we waited for our food to arrive I sampled a UB Union Bear Grapefruit Gose. Dynamite choice with a spicy Mexican Cob salad. A beer taster sent from the bartender had the usual suspects, a Blonde, Amber, Remus Barrel Aged Stout and a Hefelweizen. Standing out was the Remus Barrel Aged Stout. Aged in Buffalo Trace barrels this was a tasty sipping beer. We finished our evening sipping a couple of Saisons. The Texas Saison and a Biere Degarde. All told it was memorable business travel and a dynamite beer tasting opportunity sampling a Dallas brewery.

Arriving home yesterday evening I enjoyed a dry stout - Guinness. After TSA sniffing dogs, random patdown, flight delay and gate changes it seemed to be the right choice out of the beer refrigerator. This morning a Surley Supreme while grilling English sausage and blood sausage for an English Breakfast.

i-P6Zq2cF-M.jpg

Cheers to all, Eric. -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The road to hell is paved with good intentions....blah, blah, blah. My good intentions were to take my evening walkabout sipping a beer. I stayed outside only long enough to take a pic and then headed inside. The 10'f temps (-13'c) found me cold and heading inside. A Surley Supreme was finished inside. Smart move I thinks.

i-VC5cs9g-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Rumad

One Too Many
I don’t blame you. I never did like the cold, and I’m only in New York. I couldn’t even imagine living in Minnesota. You can complain all you want, we’re on your side here.

Last edited:

Rumad

One Too Many
Spent the afternoon in my Gannon Highwayman on “adventures” with the wife. Back home for a fantastic Brazilian espresso in our new cups. Valentine’s Day you see. Tonight hitting the Mac, while the wife sips on Absolut and pink lemonade. Best to all.
IMG_3140.jpeg
IMG_3142.jpeg
IMG_3143.jpeg
IMG_3146.jpeg

Last edited:
Patrón El Alto is supposed to be an ultra-premium blend of their best Reposado, Anejo & XA @ 80 proof. It is classified as a Reposado tequila because of the aging of the Reposado in the blend. After a couple of doubles I would say it’s disappointing at its price point.

IMG_9683.jpeg

So I took my BSHW & headed home for some Siete Leguas.

IMG_9112.jpeg

IMG_9113.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy