Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats in latest Menswear magazine

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Menswear, which I think is the best of the various men's clothing magazines (Classic Style excepted, of course), has a page featuring hats in the latest issue. Good news: there are hats. Bad news: these are the hats. Okay, the Lanvin Panama looks pretty good. They're all summer hats, of course.

Still, the surge of hats continues.

(click to enlarge)

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
AHH!

But look closely at the form and shape of those hats, my fellow fedorists. Anyone wearing one of the hats in that picture is bound to see an Art Fawcett or an Optimo, a Federation or maybe even the upcoming Stetson Nostalgia and ask, "Hey! Where'd you score the sweet lid?"

I love the smell of beaver felt in the morning, it smells... like victory.

Marty M.

Vendor
Spatterdash said:
I love the smell of beaver felt in the morning, it smells... like victory.

Great line Spats. Here's an interesting thing about hats, some of you know that I own a men's clothing store, and I do sell hats. But my hat customers are either over 40 years of age. Or they're in their 20's. The guy's in their thirty's aren't buying hats (at least from me). Interesting eh?
I might start a new thread with a pole to see what the current Fedora Lounger who buys and wears hats age is. This may have been done before a while ago.
Marty Mathis

1911 Man

A-List Customer
I'm 35. I've been wearing fedora style hats since my teens. I have an Adventurebilt and 2 JW's, and plan to buy a Fawcett this summer.

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

I'm 46 soon enough that I may as well get used to saying it. :p

I've worn a fedora since I was 16. I stopped at age 42 when it 'got gone' and I couldn't readily find a hat shop to get a new one in. Now, I'm back to wearing one again - and this time I won't stop at just one - looking forward to getting my first custom-made one. :)

I've also worn helmets continuously since around age 8 and will have one on tomorrow in fact as the forcast says tomorrow is a motorcycle commute day! :D

Y'all may not count helmets as 'hats', even though I do. In fact, the original reason for my wearing a fedora at age 16 was to cover up the old 'helmet head' hair when I got to where I was going! lol

Later!

Stan

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
For a moment. . .

Marty M. said:
Great line Spats. Here's an interesting thing about hats, some of you know that I own a men's clothing store, and I do sell hats. But my hat customers are either over 40 years of age. Or they're in their 20's. The guy's in their thirty's aren't buying hats (at least from me). Interesting eh?
I might start a new thread with a pole to see what the current Fedora Lounger who buys and wears hats age is. This may have been done before a while ago.
Marty Mathis

As a 53 year old who has to wear hats, I was thinking it might be a hair thing. (hey, does that mean I could get a script and deduct the things?!). Anyway, that is obviously wrong as 20somethings are normally fine with the hair thing. Maybe it is a change in style of hair though- I suspect it is shallower than that and the 20 somethings are doing it for the same reasons that 30somethings don't- style (must be said in a very breathy and drawn out fashion). :) But I think people will gravitate toward quality- at least a few of them will. That will be good for the makers and for the prices (gosh- I are living in a dream world today!). :eek: Whatever- so long as the fashion/styles move away from "crotch at the knees" and we can start to look less offensive- that'd be good!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I'll be 26 in June. I'm thinking that most 30-somethings aren't far enough removed from hats as an old man thing, but guys older than that remember when they were mainstream.

-Dave

Marty M.

Vendor
indycop said:
Hurry up and do it before Sept. or I won't be in the 30s part!:(

Uh Oh, you might be getting a little old for the LovelyDeeLovely. Try to convince her that you're just getting better :p .
Marty Mathis

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Marty M. said:
Uh Oh, you might be getting a little old for the LovelyDeeLovely. Try to convince her that you're just getting better :p .
Marty Mathis
Like fine wine baby!:D lol :eusa_doh:

It ain't the years it's the mileage!shakeshead
Or maybe I am just becoming vintage.:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw