Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats of Old New York

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I know there are places here for old pictures

but I thought it would be cool to put pictures of hats from old NY and get a glimpse of what the city was like back when men wore hats

I gathered these pics from a lot of places

I want to start the thread with my absolute favorite pic

the wall of a pool room in 1943... look at all those wonderful creases

each one is like the signature of the man it sits on top of

1943_pool_room.jpg

the following are from a wide range of years .... if you would like any info on the a specific pic I could probably give it to you

also if you have any please feel free to add

1862.jpg 1882.jpg 1896.jpg 1896 2.jpg 1896 3 .jpg 1896 4 .jpg 1896 5 .jpg 1900 heat wave .jpg 1900 police raid in chinatown .jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Cool thread, moon. I especially like the daredevil acrobatics. That crease is soooooo nice. I tried to do it on a Dobbs Twenty with a tall crown, but I couldn't replicate it.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you, Moon. A couple of the pics I saw years ago at a wonderful museum of the NYPD down by City Hall. I don't know if it's still there, but, weirdly, they had some of the best Photo exhibits in Manhattan. Most of the artsier galleries in the Village left me cold, but the cops' shows were always riveting. Most of the papers had photogs chasing the cops around.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
Moon, I can see your first 2 sets and the last one. But the others come up as a list of attachments and when I click on these it takes me to a new page that says the attachment is invalid. Am I the only one having this problem?

I love the photos and would love to see the others!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, I can see your first 2 sets and the last one. But the others come up as a list of attachments and when I click on these it takes me to a new page that says the attachment is invalid. Am I the only one having this problem?

I love the photos and would love to see the others!

not sure which one aren't coming up ...

I'll post again
1862.jpg 1882.jpg 1896.jpg 1896 2.jpg 1896 3 .jpg 1896 4 .jpg 1896 5 .jpg 1900 heat wave .jpg 1900 police raid in chinatown .jpg 1910.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou