Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats on TV

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
That guy looks terrible. He makes me want to stop wearing hats, scarves, and all patterns.

Hey now, that scarf and hat look like they could be sold together in a set! lol

Honestly, he doesn't look that bad to me. Sure, it's not a fedora I'd wear, but it most CERTAINLY looks better than what I see some people wearing from time to time.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Here is my standup from last Monday, outside our airport. The hat is not one of my vintage ones but a Bailey from a few years ago.

fb557d50.jpg

AlterEgo

A-List Customer
Fletch said:
NBC's Today has ok'd Matt and Al to wear hats in "hat weather." But that's not a hard news gig, and if Al were not already in an accepted hat-wearing demographic, NBC probably would not have gone for it.
]

Al's been wearing the same fedora during this frigid spell for outdoor shots, and I've tried my darndest to identify exactly what lid it is, to no avail. Anyone know or care to take a guess?

Matt has several, most recently sporting a rather stingy-brimmed tweed trilby. He's a sharp dresser really into all things sartorial, so it's probably a high-dollar name brand. Got any idea what specific hat it is?

DRB

One Too Many
Brian Sheridan: You look great in that pic. If I may speak for all of us, you did all us hat wearers proud. Keep it up.

I watched the Country Music Awards last week. To me, more pop than country, but what was interesting, in addtion to the requisite cowboy hats, there were a few stingy brim fedoras in the crowd and on some of the performers.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
On broadcast TV there is a police detective who wears a stingy brim all the time. It's Maria Bello on Prime Suspect. The series is nowhere near as good as the UK series it's vaguely modeled after the one that had Helen Miran in it as the lead detective, but hey it's US TV :)

imagesCAAL1QLR.jpg

Last edited:

Sam Craig

One Too Many
If TV were REALLY powerful ...
And if TV were REALLY good ...

Then we would have hat counters out of the 40s in every Walmart.

But it's NOT.

Suffering Sam

gdc

One of the Regulars
As a relatively new Fedora wearer and new lounger I have been noticing the hats that people wear. Fedoras are rarely worn here and they are mostly stingies. Seeing anything resembling a Fedora on TV is welcome. Although TV programming influences behavior I see it more as a reflection of the culture. It's a business and the 'powers that be' choose Fedora props as money making tools, nothing else.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
If TV were REALLY powerful ...
And if TV were REALLY good ...

Then we would have hat counters out of the 40s in every Walmart.

But it's NOT.

Suffering Sam

Speaking of Wallyworld, I'm sure this new series has increased sales of those polystraw Stingies by at least 3x :) BTW, Helen Miran did not wear a hat in the original :)

job

One Too Many
Leonard Elmore the creator of the characters on which the tv show Justified is based wanted the Raylan Givens character to wear a Open Road. I don't know who makes the hat he wears but at least it's not a George Strait style with wings.
Timothy-Olyphant.jpg

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Leonard Elmore the creator of the characters on which the tv show Justified is based wanted the Raylan Givens character to wear a Open Road. I don't know who makes the hat he wears but at least it's not a George Strait style with wings.
Timothy-Olyphant.jpg

Well he lost on that one. It's DEFINATELY NOT an OR :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21