Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats on TV

job

One Too Many
Some angles of the hat look good. It could be that there is more than one hat used on Justified. I agree about the OR.

m0nk

One Too Many
I saw it mentioned on one of the older posts, but Timothy Hutton has been wearing a wide variety of hats throughout the seasons of Leverage. I've seen numerous styles of Panamas, a couple REAL fedoras, and a bunch of Walmart stingies. There was an episode where he had a great looking, black fedora, semi-wide brim (probably close to 3") that reminded me of a Borsalino. If anyone here knows more about his hats, please fill us in.

I can say that John Penman did a hat for Christian Kane in this season that looked really cool.

Leonard Elmore the creator of the characters on which the tv show Justified is based wanted the Raylan Givens character to wear a Open Road. I don't know who makes the hat he wears but at least it's not a George Strait style with wings.
Timothy-Olyphant.jpg

This topic was covered back in season 1 of Justified. Call the Garland Outlet shop & they'll tell you the right model...

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I saw it mentioned on one of the older posts, but Timothy Hutton has been wearing a wide variety of hats throughout the seasons of Leverage. I've seen numerous styles of Panamas, a couple REAL fedoras, and a bunch of Walmart stingies. There was an episode where he had a great looking, black fedora, semi-wide brim (probably close to 3") that reminded me of a Borsalino. If anyone here knows more about his hats, please fill us in.
I recall Hutton sported several fedoras some years ago during the "Nero Wolfe" series on A & E. That was set in a generic late-'40s to early '50s milieu, so you'd expect men to be wearing hats. Hutton carried it off well.

I was watching TV the other night and there was a U.S. Cellular commercial on. They were in the bleachers at a game and several of the folks watching were wearing Trilbies. I think it was supposed to have a sixties feel to it, though.

m0nk

One Too Many
I recall Hutton sported several fedoras some years ago during the "Nero Wolfe" series on A & E. That was set in a generic late-'40s to early '50s milieu, so you'd expect men to be wearing hats. Hutton carried it off well.
Yeah, I remember that series well. His character in that show was by far my favorite. And he definitely carries the look off well, too. It's a shame it was cancelled so quickly, but like many series early on in that decade, it was ahead of it's time and became a casualty of "Reality TV".

job

One Too Many
I know what you mean about the hats on this show.. I am starting to want a REAL western type hat not a modern cowboy hat. I think a western style fedora homburg is high on my next custom hat wish list.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Yeah, I remember that series well. His character in that show was by far my favorite. And he definitely carries the look off well, too. It's a shame it was cancelled so quickly, but like many series early on in that decade, it was ahead of it's time and became a casualty of "Reality TV".

I too liked that show and hate that it got axed after only two seasons. One of the reasons I heard that it got cut was the cost in filming it. It is such a shame. And now the actor who played Wolfe passed away several months ago. The clothes, cars, sets, and the chemistry between the actors made that a great show.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I too liked that show and hate that it got axed after only two seasons. One of the reasons I heard that it got cut was the cost in filming it. It is such a shame. And now the actor who played Wolfe passed away several months ago. The clothes, cars, sets, and the chemistry between the actors made that a great show.
It was the best and most loving creation of Rex Stout's works I've ever seen. While I disagreed a bit with the casting of Maury Chaykin -- he seemed a little old for the fiftyish Wolfe, and he or the director had the character yell a bit too much -- the rest was superb. I dip back into the Wolfe stories every year or so, and even when I remember who the murderer is, I still enjoy it. Now that's writing.

Now that my appreciation of fedoras has been sharpened, I need to watch some of the A & E episodes again.

m0nk

One Too Many
That's a shame he passed away, I didn't know that. But yes, everything about that show was done incredibly well and I've noticed that several of the actors in the series show up in Leverage now too with every bit of chemistry that they had in Nero Wolfe.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
40 years of playing Appalachian old time stringband music and bluegrass makes Minnie Pearl (#8) my favorite. She was a wonderful character with a gorgeous hat :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk