Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats on TV

Wednesday night's "Blacklist" was the 100th episode, and featured Nathan Lane in a plot to recover a rare 1943 penny. Both Spader and Lane are vying for control of the item, and the plot ultimately results in Red double-crossing Lane (who was double-crossing Red), to get the penny and simultaneously rob the Denver mint of cash. Great, fun episode.

When Red got the penny back, he parlayed that into a trade for the rare item he was ultimately trying to obtain: Winston Churchill's Homburg!

Unfortunately, my Google-fu is weak and I can't find an image with Spader wearing the Hommie, which he dons in the last moments of the show. Notwithstanding that I didn't think it looked like Winston's Homburg, it was a great TV hat moment.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

RBH

Bartender
Wednesday night's "Blacklist" was the 100th episode, and featured Nathan Lane in a plot to recover a rare 1943 penny. Both Spader and Lane are vying for control of the item, and the plot ultimately results in Red double-crossing Lane (who was double-crossing Red), to get the penny and simultaneously rob the Denver mint of cash. Great, fun episode.

When Red got the penny back, he parlayed that into a trade for the rare item he was ultimately trying to obtain: Winston Churchill's Homburg!

Unfortunately, my Google-fu is weak and I can't find an image with Spader wearing the Hommie, which he dons in the last moments of the show. Notwithstanding that I didn't think it looked like Winston's Homburg, it was a great TV hat moment.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I'm enjoying this a lot:

IMG_5309.JPG

IMG_5308.JPG

IMG_5310.JPG

IMG_5311.JPG

IMG_5312.JPG

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Adam Savage, formerly of Mythbusters, wearing a nifty western fedora.

I wonder where he's getting his hats....I know his Man With No Name hat, which showed up frequently on Mythbusters, was from Knudsen hats here in the bay. And his Indy hat is an Adventurebilt deluxe, so he's familiar with custom hats.

Adam Savage, formerly of Mythbusters, wearing a nifty western fedora.

I wonder where he's getting his hats....I know his Man With No Name hat, which showed up frequently on Mythbusters, was from Knudsen hats here in the bay. And his Indy hat is an Adventurebilt deluxe, so he's familiar with custom hats.
I remember a discussion about Adam's hats earlier on the lounge. Akubra? He went through a bunch of hats during the run of Mythbusters.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Re The Alienist, I liked it more for the hats than the story. The production quality is wonderful, but not so much the writing and acting. A lot of the things that made the source novel special back in the nineties (before so many other psychological, serial killer profiling, women-breaking-into-the-boys-club, etc., period dramas) don't seem as interesting now.

But Luke Evans sure wears some downright gorgeous proto-fedoras!

I remember a discussion about Adam's hats earlier on the lounge. Akubra? He went through a bunch of hats during the run of Mythbusters.
Adam Savage definitely wore a lot of hats (literally and metaphorically) during the run of Mythbusters. Some were reproductions of hats worn in movies but, being the typical pale-skinned redhead, he also wore just about anything that offered decent sun protection. I've seen him wear at least two different Akubra Fed IVs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points