Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats With Musical Instruments

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Here's a hat in my record shelf, it's in there somewhere.

IMG_0194.jpg

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
Martin 2012 D-18 bought about 6 months ago:
Final.jpg

Ovation 1974 Balladeer in it's case and a couple of others in the background:
Img_1795B.jpg

I'm including myself as an instrument since I sing...lol
Img_1760cdA.jpg

howardeye

Practically Family
Some things are needed for the right Vintage Twang: The right boots, hat, drums, and lap steel. Everyone else supplied the rest!

My favorite musical instrument! You can feel it in your bones! Great instruments and hats everyone. I am trying to figure out how to hang a hat on one of my harmonicas! Sure like them straw hats. I will need one real soon!

Last edited:

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
alright here are my humble additions to the thread. first 1 is my camp draft with my mandolin
20130217_224937-1_zpsd66d1555.jpg
I think the hat maybe bigger than my poor mandolin lol. Next 1 is my brand new custom Tummy with my favorite musical instrument my Taylor acoustic
20130217_225244-1_zpsb33675f3.jpg
next 1 is self explanatory
20130217_225409-1_zpsa1f3b377.jpg

howardeye

Practically Family
Looking good teach. How does that Taylor sound? I like A style mandolins. I have one hidden at work to pass the time.

howardeye

Practically Family
I agree. For finger pickin my wife's small body K22 is the best sounding newer accoustic we have owned. I am still dreaming of a Martin D28 from the 30's but price range is a factor.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Here's my VS Stendahl in black cherry on my celtic harp. It's like the kind on the Guiness bottle with metal strings. I was a serious guitarist for many years but carpal tunnel ended my guitar playing days in the 1980s so in 1997 I took up the harp:

Stendahl2.jpg

Here's the harp itself if anyone is interested.

harp5.jpg

Last edited:

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
...carpal tunnel ended my guitar playing days...

Yeah, I'm getting a little concerned about that myself. Been playing more than 45 years but the last 7 months or so I've put in a lot of time sometimes 6-8 hours in one go and now I got a cyst on my left wrist and a little pain in my left elbow. When I was younger I could play for days at a time and up until now never had no problems - I'm wondering if it's the neck profile on this Martin - it's similar to what I've always used but takes more pressure to play even though the action set up is identical to my other dreads and they're all really easy to play. Not sure why that is - fret size on all of them is about the same, action is the same but the Martin takes more effort - not that much more that it's an issue with the guitar when I'm playing it but playing it for a lot of hours seems to add up into some physical effects.

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
My hands are fine and I can play fiddle/bluegrass stuff on guitar faster than they need to be played but I think this is something to do with the guitar - profile too flat maybe. I should probably use the other guitars more might take the load off but this D-18 sounds like rolling thunder and I can't put it down...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana