Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats With Musical Instruments

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Since we have the "Hats on a Stick ®" thread, I decided to come up with another wacky/fun thread. For this, take a photo of your hat sitting on a record (or anything music related, like jukeboxes, or instruments) and tell us what it is!

My Borsy with my 1949 Airline Radio, and a 1937 Bring Crosby Decca record. Side A: When you dream about Hawaii; Side B: Sail Along Silvery Moon.

03110.jpg

Last edited:

leo

One of the Regulars
What's handy at the moment...not all my hats...nor all my guitars, for that matter ;-)

None shown are especially rare. The second fedora from the left is my favorite dress hat, a Dobbs Temptation in graphite that I bought new at least twenty years ago. The tartan Grace Hats flat cap below it is my newest.

Guitar fans should recognize the Martin D-28 in the middle but probably not the classical on the right, a handmade Sanabria from Paraguay. The strange wooden thing on the floor is an mbira, or African thumb piano. And yes, the dignified guitars did force the raucous banjo to face the wall!
hatsandguitars3821.jpg

tealseal

A-List Customer
I like this idea! Here's mine:

My new Blue Smoke VS atop my Edwards. I'll put more pictures of the hat in the AFHoF thread as soon as I can take some good photos of it. It has a story too.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Great thread! I have a few "hats on..." pics.

This is a hat on a Bowers & Wilkins CDM-9NT speaker...

9B9FC8CF-FDFB-40FE-9A42-810E4B4368B0-1743-000001B1FBDD9A61.jpg

Next, a hat on a Channel Master table radio (circa 70's?)...

99E45E13-BE89-4FB6-81A8-61F077A24899-1743-000001B1E6F9FD83.jpg

And finally, a hat on Grado headphones, in between a ROTEL RCD1072 CD player, a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated amplifier, and a Denon DP60L turntable w/ a Sumiko Bluepoint Special EVO III moving coil cartridge. The LP cued up is Miles Davis: Kind of Blue, 180-gram pressing.

489FAF77-34EF-455B-A63D-DEF785C5D38F-1743-000001B20654D904.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics! Let's see more "hats on..." shots!

Wonderful, Perry.

I bought an old wind up Victrola years ago, pretty much for the record that came with it... a great old recording of Ella Fitzgerald singing A Tisket, A Tasket with the Chick Webb Orchestra. Still have the record, but sold the player when the main spring broke. Thanks for the nice memory.

Wonderful, Perry.

I bought an old wind up Victrola years ago, pretty much for the record that came with it... a great old recording of Ella Fitzgerald singing A Tisket, A Tasket with the Chick Webb Orchestra. Still have the record, but sold the player when the main spring broke. Thanks for the nice memory.

"Thanks for the memories"....

BR Gordon

One Too Many
My Royal Stetson hanging around my, Strathmore, Great Highland Bagpipes. I don't get to put these two together very often, Stetson is not a hat typically worn while playing the pipes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ