Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatters in East TN?

warbird

One Too Many
I was told there is a good shop in Chattanooga. I cannot confirm that. One of the guys on this board who does hat repairs I think lives near Memphis.

You may just have to ship it off. Very sad that there isn't a top quality shop in ever decent sized city anymore. There are still guys here in Nashville who make a lot of the hats and do hat repairs for the country stars. But I don't know who they are anymore.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've been to that hat shop in Chattanooga. I'd recommend it. They have a lot of stock, and if I remember correctly, their house label hats were quite nice.

duggap

Banned
Hats in Chattanooga

Folks, I live in Chattanooga and the only hat shop I know of is Wormser. In the vintage era the Wormser was a pretty good hat but those days are gone. The shop is now owned by an Oriental couple who have some trouble with English so it is hard to get a feel for what they do or don't know. I know he didn't know anything about a real Panama. I have bought hats from them but they sell Stetson and Bailey mostly and a lot of wool. If there is another one please tell me.[huh]

playitagainsam

New in Town
Hello fellow resident. I'm east of Nashville and I feel your pain. You would think there would be more hat shops in the area with all the sun in the summer and rain in the winter, but the sad truth is the only one I've located is in Brentwood called classy hats. Sort of sounds like a strip club don't it?

lol

Trotsky

A-List Customer
There is absolutely nothing in Knoxville, unless I am mistaken. I am not surprised at that though.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Try Mike Moore....

Majormoore is a member here at The Fedora Lounge and he lives near Memphis. I'm sure he could help you out...

www.buckaroohatters.com

Old%20buckaroos.gif

barrowjh

One Too Many
I sent two off to Optimo (Graham Thompson) in Chicago in the past month and am WELL pleased with the results. This is a 30's - 40's Borsalino in a green color 'Ninfea' which translates as Water Lilly - and the color is a dead-on match to the color of water lilly leaves. My flash/camera might not have done it justice:
083007029.jpg

083007033.jpg

It arrived (from an Ebay seller) folded, rolled, with the wind trolley wrapped tightly around it, and had been stored that way for many years (I presume). The felt was a pleasant surprise - the seller stated it was 'cola brown' and the pics on ebay looked brown, I was EXTREMELY pleased that it was Ninfea and not brown. It needed a new sweatband, ribbon, and wind trolley and of course cleaned and blocked. I consider this my finest hat now, and will someday get that avatar replaced.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Thanks for the comments - I'm going to expand on this one and another that Optimo refurbished for me in a separate thread (and change that avatar!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy