Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have an Amazing Trip Pink Dahlia!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hope that you get to see this before you leave. I just realized that tomorrow (I think) you are heading off for your journey to Japan!
What an exciting trip this will be. I know you have mentioned that you have been there before, and that you absolutely love it there, so you must be so incredibly excited.
Please take lots of pics of everything. I've always wanted to go there, my parents lived there for a while, but I have yet to go. Please tell us everything! All that you do, you see, the food, eat some ginger ice cream for me Please!!
But most of all have a fun, safe and memorable trip!
It you get a chance to check in here at the Lounge to give us an update as to how your adventure is going, that would be great. But I do understand you'll have much more on your mind than finding a computer!! Although I hear that wireless is all over the place there, but I could be, and probably am wrong!!

Well :cheers1:(thats warm sake, not beer) to an exciting adventure!! May it be even better than you imagine it will be!
Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get home.
Here's to a safe and exciting journey:)
Daisy

Rafter

Suspended
Sayonara Pink,
This place won't be the same while your gone!!

Since I am a lyric's enthusiast,
I'll leave you with two songs that have a Japanese connection.

Styx, Mr. Roboto

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,
Mata ah-oo hima de
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,
Himitsu wo shiri tai

You're wondering who I am-machine
With parts made in Japan,
I am the modern man
I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin
My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain I.B.M.
I'm not a robot without emotions-I'm not what you see
I've come to help you with your problems, so we can be free
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo

I can't find the Japanese lyric's to Utada Hikaru's song Sukiyaki,
but here's the English version:

It's all because of you
I'm feeling sad and blue
You went away
Now my love is just a rainy day
I love you so
How much you'll never know
You've gone away and left me lonely

Untouchable memories
Seemed to keep haunting me
Of love so true
That once turned all my gray skies blue
But you disappeared
Now my eyes are filled with tears
I'm wishin' you were here with me
Soft with love are my thoughts of you
Now that you're gone
I don't know what to do

If only you were here
You'd wash away my tears
The sun would shine
And once again you'll be mine all mine
But in reality
Your love will never be
'Cause you took your love away from me

Sayonara!

Amelie

A-List Customer
have a really nice trip! and yes! you need to show us loads of pictures when you are back!!! :D (and plenty of kyoto in particular if you are going :eek: :D)

I hope you'll have some nice weather, not too hot and not too much rain too (that's my greatest fear with Japan lol)

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Ahoy there!

Hey, I'm in Tokyo, which parts are you heading for?
Please PM me when you get the chance to, if you are in any place near me, I'll be happy to meet up with you if our respective schedules allow.

This also goes for anyone heading my way, I admit I am busy and my schedule is often hectic, but I will never pass by a chance to meet a Lounger who will honor us with their presence.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Rafter said:
I can't find the Japanese lyric's to Utada Hikaru's song Sukiyaki,
but here's the English version:
Umm....I don't know if Utada Hikaru covered this somewhere, but Sukiyaki originally was sung by Kyu Sakamoto in 1961 and hit the top of the US charts in 1963, so here, it's known as Kyu Sakamoto's song, and if Utada Hikaru has recorded it, it's pretty obscure here, I just asked my daughter and she replied don't know, never heard.lol lol

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I am so freaking jealous of you Pink. Come to think of it of Daisy too! Aren't you planning a trip abroad soon, before the QM? The furthest I have been out of the States is TJ. lol
Have fun and be safe! Leave all of your worries in AZ!!! No saddness is allowed to fly over the ocean young lady!

Amelie

A-List Customer
LaMedicine said:
Hey, I'm in Tokyo, which parts are you heading for?
Please PM me when you get the chance to, if you are in any place near me, I'll be happy to meet up with you if our respective schedules allow.

This also goes for anyone heading my way, I admit I am busy and my schedule is often hectic, but I will never pass by a chance to meet a Lounger who will honor us with their presence.

I'll let it know if I can go to Tokyo next may like I plan to do then! It would be so nice to meet you :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pretty faythe said:
I am so freaking jealous of you Pink. Come to think of it of Daisy too! Aren't you planning a trip abroad soon, before the QM? The furthest I have been out of the States is TJ. lol
Have fun and be safe! Leave all of your worries in AZ!!! No saddness is allowed to fly over the ocean young lady!

Aw, don't be jealous Pretty Faythe!! Just a little travel tip, Hem and I go to Europe at the end of October beginning of November because the prices drop dramatically that time of year. Also, it's only a week after the high season ends, so the weather is still typically very nice. So, if you are looking to travel, there are lots of deals online to be had that time of year!!

Wow, is it just me or is it awfully quiet in here???:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24