Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jazzncocktails said:
My Tawny Fawn Fed IV std was a great hat for the California desert in spring as long as I wasn't on a long walk (then things got a bit sweaty...). The lid is perfect with Hawaiian shirts...thought it time to join this thread!

IMG_1179.jpg
That shirt is too nice to be in here!lol

Goose.

Practically Family
JnC..defintely agree with the brethren...that is a great match. Plus, that tawny fawn is something I never thought about until now.
REALLY liking the shirt. Who is the mfg of that art?

Dear Santa....

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Thanks, all, for your kind words. I do love the Fed.

Actually, that shirt isn't too nice at all; or if it is, it's because it's a Tommy Bahama wannabe. The maker is Carribean Joe, sold at Macy's. I picked it up at an end-of-season sale a while back for far, far less than Mr. Bahama would have charged me.

Goose.

Practically Family
jazzncocktails said:
Thanks, all, for your kind words. I do love the Fed.

Actually, that shirt isn't too nice at all; or if it is, it's because it's a Tommy Bahama wannabe. The maker is Carribean Joe, sold at Macy's. I picked it up at an end-of-season sale a while back for far, far less than Mr. Bahama would have charged me.
indycop said:
That shirt is too nice to be in here!lol

Hey JnC...
It appears to be quite a nice shirt to me. Pattern on pocket and shirt line up and has what appear to be natural buttons. Great pattern and colors.

As for this one below...Wore it yesterday. Posted it in in the "What Hat Are You Wearing Today" thread, so regrets to those that had to bear with it there and now here. But, thought I would post here and ask, has anyone seen it worn somewhere else before?

If one has been to Hawai'i, odds are that they have seen this shirt. If not the red, then perhaps in blue or green as the predominant color. See it as a "uniform" often worn by hotel, restaurant, or car rental personnel.

It's a Hilo Hattie's shirt I've had for a bit over a decade.

511150161_XJ83y-S.jpg

Aloha!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Goose. said:

It's a Hilo Hattie's shirt I've had for a bit over a decade.

Very cool, Goose--I should have guessed Hilo Hattie's. They were prominent in my last trip to Maui a few years ago, and since then I've used their website to send gifts (and to buy one or two for myself). Looking good with that Hilo/homburg combo.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Finally had a photo to contribute to this thread!

CasualMe.jpg

I only teach MWF, so I was off yesterday, and quite casually dressed for a run to the barbershop and the garden center.

Brad

Viper Man

Banned
Brad Bowers said:
Finally had a photo to contribute to this thread!

CasualMe.jpg

I only teach MWF, so I was off yesterday, and quite casually dressed for a run to the barbershop and the garden center.

Brad

Love it, Brad. Can you tell us about the hat?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Viper Man said:
Love it, Brad. Can you tell us about the hat?

Thanks, Viper Man. I'll pass along a little information, as long as I don't run afoul of the vendor rules.

It's a Bowers Hats protoype, called the Glenbrook. Designed to be an outdoorsy casual hat, in Dark Moss Green. It's actually been my go-to hat quite a bit lately, even if I'm not wearing anything green. 6" open crown that's been center creased, 2-inch relaxed brim, which makes it more casual, and a 2-inch ribbon.

I've got another Hawaiian/Tiki shirt that I actually wear with a suit, sans tie. :eek: Next warm day I wear that combo, I'll have another photo to share.

Brad

Goose.

Practically Family
Hey GTD and Brad...I like that brown hat/shirt gig going on. As someone that wears an aloha shirt more often than not, I would wear those!
Truly "Cloth Art" :eusa_clap

Here's my ensemble for today as I'm heading out with Mrs Goose to go shopping. Bogart black and Reyn Spooner "Dietrich Varez".

Aloha...

515114676_xuyDr-M-1.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
mannySpaghetti said:
Hahahaha, too funny. I'm Hawaiian and don't even own an Aloha shirt. I had way too much of that growing up, but applause to you guys. :eusa_clap
Give 'em Brah :) Hapa MonGOOSE kamaaina kine. 13-14 years keiki Ewa side.
Jus tree aloha shirts den.
What school you go? Jefferson, Waipahu, and Aliamanu near Radford foh me.
Hele on foh Loco Moco...foh real, time foh grinds...
Bum Bye Manny :)

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
Goose. said:
Give 'em Brah :) Hapa MonGOOSE kamaaina kine. 13-14 years keiki Ewa side.
Jus tree aloha shirts den.
What school you go? Jefferson, Waipahu, and Aliamanu near Radford foh me.
Hele on foh Loco Moco...foh real, time foh grinds...
Bum Bye Manny :)

Hey, pidgeon english! Nice. :)

So eh, Goose. Wassap brah?! Island boy too eh? Cool, cool. I from Waianae li'dat. Was a Searidah most of mah teenage years, but wen go grad from Pearl City with all the pake's, ha ha. Juss kidding, juss kidding, they make da killah musubi's man, so I cannot knock 'em too bad right? Ahh, I miss home and the good food, Diner's, Zippy's, da Highway Inn, da best Hawaiian eats around! Remembah when used to be near Arakawa's? Anyways, now I stay in Mass. Shoot, Hawaiians no belong in snow! I muss be crazy. Just the otha day I went to dis place and got some chicken katsu thinkin' was gon be like Diner's, wow, was doo-doo!!! Yeah, I miss home a lot. Anyways, brah, it's good fo see another Hawaiian cruising deez boards. Times change hah? We started out on surfboards thinkin' we was the Duke, now we on forum boards. We muss be getting old, ha ha. K-den Goose. Hollah whenever brah! ;)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Thanks again, guys.

My website is still under construction for now, so if anyone wants to talk to me about late-1920s/early-1930s style hats, I guess shoot me a PM. That's probably all I can safely get away with saying.lol

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic