Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Brad Bowers said:
Finally had a photo to contribute to this thread!

I only teach MWF, so I was off yesterday, and quite casually dressed for a run to the barbershop and the garden center.

Brad
Nice combo, Brad...and I thought I had a good schedule, teaching M-Th! Good for you,
Steve

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
jazzncocktails said:
Very cool, Goose--I should have guessed Hilo Hattie's. They were prominent in my last trip to Maui a few years ago, and since then I've used their website to send gifts (and to buy one or two for myself). Looking good with that Hilo/homburg combo.

Don't know if you and Goose are away of this but Hilo Hattie's filed for bankruptcy....[huh]

Just saw this a couple of days ago....

http://www.worldhum.com/travel-blog/item/hilo-hattie-dont-leave-me-20090416/

Goose.

Practically Family
Lincsong said:
Wow!:eek: I guess I'm going to keep my Hilo Hattie shirt I bought in 1993. That one was still made in Hawaii. It was fun to go the factory. Oh well, things change.:(
OG bummah kine talk story. Bes fine my Hilo Hattie's and keep em like dah Lincsong goan do.

Anyway, what a bummer to heasr OG. Yep, I just found a few more in a box that I put in the wash for summer. Then I read your post. Used to like to go and use the free coffee mug coupon. Last time I flew to the Big Island, about two years ago, I wond the contest on the United flight to guess the halfway time to fly there. All jazzed thinking I'd get some cool gift. It was a "Grand Prize" coupon for Hilo Hattie's that turned out to be a small box of choc covered mac nuts...made in Australia I think.

Well, wanted to join the brown shirt/hat gig. Fed IV D and Reyn Spooner "Eddy Y" tiki shirt.

Also, a pic of my grinds for island transplanted Manny. Loco Moco, Lau Lau, Potato Mac, Lumpia...broke dah mouth!!!

516154930_Dukak-M.jpg
516155193_PivAj-S.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
Thank you JnC...has some blue in it if ya look close...so I could wear a grey lid too. Gotta be color coordinated ;)
It's one of my favorite shirts...well, I guess they all are depending on the day. Kind of like our hats, huh?

"Made in Hawaii" Hilo Hattie and my Capricorn...plus a bumper sticker from Rainbow Drive-In that I thought I'd post for Manny just to add to his love to hate gig :D
Couldn't find my "Lau Lau" sticker for Lincsong :(

517727344_KjA7p-L.jpg

Chuck, yep, good eye. That's a Buck 110NS Stainless Steel Damascus Ram Horn I ordered from the Buck Custom Shop. You can see a couple more of my collection here: http://mongoose.smugmug.com/photos/319863591_YywTC-L.jpg
http://mongoose.smugmug.com/photos/464049921_2poLd-L-1.jpg
carter said:
Montecristi and Reyn Spooner Hawaiian Traditionals Commemorative Classics
Carter...that is a GREAT looking hat. :eusa_clap Looks brand spankin' new!!! Cool shirt too. Are those cream or white flowers?

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
You know, I was just thinking this morning if there was someway I could get some Lau-Lau shipped to me in Mass. I wonder if it would even be as good. I might try, if I can find someone that ships 'em.

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
Guess I might as well join the club! I got this in the mail last week from Panama Hats Direct...

3468634017_57f33d76c2.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Goose. said:
Thank you JnC...has some blue in it if ya look close...so I could wear a grey lid too. Gotta be color coordinated ;)
It's one of my favorite shirts...well, I guess they all are depending on the day. Kind of like our hats, huh?

"Made in Hawaii" Hilo Hattie and my Capricorn...plus a bumper sticker from Rainbow Drive-In that I thought I'd post for Manny just to add to his love to hate gig :D
Couldn't find my "Lau Lau" sticker for Lincsong :(

517727344_KjA7p-L.jpg

Chuck, yep, good eye. That's a Buck 110NS Stainless Steel Damascus Ram Horn I ordered from the Buck Custom Shop. You can see a couple more of my collection here: http://mongoose.smugmug.com/photos/319863591_YywTC-L.jpg
http://mongoose.smugmug.com/photos/464049921_2poLd-L-1.jpg

Carter...that is a GREAT looking hat. :eusa_clap Looks brand spankin' new!!! Cool shirt too. Are those cream or white flowers?

Some pilikia.;)

Goose.

Practically Family
Lincsong said:
Some pilikia.;)
Ho, bettah I stay way from dat bah, yeah? Plenny mokes deah make pilikia.
Yeah, I don't wanna cause any trouble with Manny. Transplant Brah...check the Zippy's en Ono Foods' sites foh da kine chili en lau lau. But geev'em bucks fo da mainland.

Carter...what an absolutely GREAT and beautiful picture with the shirt and flowers. Oh, and nice hat too
:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran