Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

I've rocked the diaper aisle many many times in my big hat hawaiian attire lol. Sometimes I get dressed up just because I can. Every outing should be an event, especially when the little ones keep you indoors for a while lol

Amen to that bro! Sometimes just sitting on the front porch with a beer is reason enough.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
I'll drink to that Lando and dh66. Way to keep the thread alive. I've switched to my Pendletons and already miss my Hawaiians.

I pulled out a pendleton a few mornings ago for a cup of coffee outside at daybreak. It was just wishful thinking because as soon as the sun popped over the trees on the horizon I was coming out of it. Maybe by Thanksgiving. Definately still hawaiian shirt weather here, during the days at least.

maduro 5

A-List Customer
I'll drink to that Lando and dh66. Way to keep the thread alive. I've switched to my Pendletons and already miss my Hawaiians.
I made it back to Toronto yesterday and was pleasantly surprised the temperature around +20C. I figured that Sunday would be a perfect day to put the hat and Hawaiian shirt on to keep things going but unfortunately it is raining and only +16C. Please keep the thread alive, it warms ones soul...

Congrats on a safe trip home.
They look good under leather jackets, you know?

Lando

Practically Family
10255317736_743fa427ed_c.jpg

Broke out my O'Farrell today and one of my many $5 Hawaiians I found somewhere on a sale rack lol. Funny thing about this hat is that it's one of my oldest, more than 13 years old. I had it refurbished by Worth & Worth and number of years ago and they did a great job, but the ribbon work just never felt right. Nothing wrong with it, the ribbon work was great, it just never quite looked right to me. Then a day ago I pulled the ribbon off, threw on a pretty cheap beaded band I had lying around, and blamo, the hat seemed just right again. Funny how that happens.

The warm days are coming to an end, day by day, but damned if I'm not amusing myself with the what's left lol.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice. The band goes well with the shirt too.

+1 and hoping there's some symbolism to standing in front of a xmas looking fir, like a target date maybe. Counting on you and dh66 to keep the thread alive.

I made it back to Toronto yesterday and was pleasantly surprised the temperature around +20C. I figured that Sunday would be a perfect day to put the hat and Hawaiian shirt on to keep things going but unfortunately it is raining and only +16C. Please keep the thread alive, it warms ones soul...

Welcome back to the west Michael, hope you can settle in for a while this time.

Last edited:

Lando

Practically Family
10349586226_82480f8783_b.jpg

And here's that last Buckaroo hat that just speaks nothing but fun to me. I couldn't think of a better hat to wear with a hawaiian shirt in my opinion, but then I'm all for that kind of whimsy. First navy hat I've ever owned but it fits an empty spot in my wardrobe I never realized I had lol, but then don't they all lol. Cold mornings here but hot afternoons, which means the thread lives on as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Thats a great looking trio you've got going on Lando.(hat,shirt,kid)
Throw in a grill full of burgers and a much needed cold one and you've got the makings of a great weekend.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thats a great looking trio you've got going on Lando.(hat,shirt,kid)
Throw in a grill full of burgers and a much needed cold one and you've got the makings of a great weekend.

+1

Lando

Practically Family
10368113945_72cd89f181_c.jpg

I know I've said it before, but I do genuinely believe that my warm days are numbered lol. Like today for example, we had a nice warm morning, sun and all, and then it all just went grey on me. Hopefully the weather will switch off in such a way that I'll go straight from my hawaiians to my leathers lol but then maybe that's wishful thinking. This is a more conventionally colored version of my Black Cherry Buckaroo. This time it's a Whiskey 50x with matching ribbon. A great all around hat with one of my favorite hawaiians. They go well together.

Anyone know if there are any Hawaiian shirt festivals out there? That seems like it would be a fun place to visit.

Tonight's post brought to you by Matusalem Rum lol

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
If it takes rum to keep the posts coming, then bottoms up! Froze my ass off in front of a huge bonfire tonight despite gin & tonic supplement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff