Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Bill's shirts and hats with the fabulous hatbands inspired me to see how I match up hats with shirts. So, with apologies if you have seen these photos previously, and further apologies to Stefan (Steur) for hijacking his week in hats, given the glorious weather we have recently experienced, here's my week in Aloha shirts. All of which were made by my talented lady.
Navy hat & woodie shirt 009.JPG Shirt & hat 003.JPG Shirt & hat 007.JPG Shirt & hat 013.JPG Shirt & hat 015.JPG Shirt & hat 020.JPG Shirt & hat 024.JPG Shirt & hat 031.JPG Shirt & hat 034.JPG

Tina describes the hat and shirt match as the juxtaposition. I think she swallowed the dictionary:

Juxtaposition is an act or instance of placing two elements close together or side by side. This is often done in order to compare/contrast the two, to show similarities or differences.

Quite so dear, but I simply mix & match, the finish and appearance of my shirts is of your skill and talent.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Plagiarize? I try to copy your shirts -unapologetically!
I have an admission to make, it has political implications so apologies for flouting F/L rules. My wife and I used to visit the US at least twice a year. Knowing my fascination for the American civil war, Her Ladyship indulged me as we visited war sites and battlefields in: Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia.

What do you notice about that list? It omits Texas, & Arkansas, the last two States, both of which were part of the Confederacy. One day we hope to put that right. What a dream, visiting Texas and see us both photographed, here on the Lounge, in our respective Aloha shirts.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have an admission to make, it has political implications so apologies for flouting F/L rules. My wife and I used to visit the US at least twice a year. Knowing my fascination for the American civil war, Her Ladyship indulged me as we visited war sites and battlefields in: Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia.

What do you notice about that list? It omits Texas, & Arkansas, the last two States, both of which were part of the Confederacy. One day we hope to put that right. What a dream, visiting Texas and see us both photographed, here on the Lounge, in our respective Aloha shirts.
I am from Newport News, Virginia. That is 13 miles from where Robert E Lee was raised. I went to Stonewall Jackson elementary. We still go home to visit family. So, we might meet up in Virginia.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Your shirts and hats are a class act Bill, fabulous. It seems like our glorious summer is coming to an end, but every so often we are still treated to sunny days.
This shirt you have seen previously showing the big leaf, but I overlooked complimenting my talented lady about making it. So to make amends, here's the shirt again, with the blue trousers that she made to go with it. Add on the Panama and I'm good to go.

Here's the lady in the dress she made, looking the part.

Poole Goes Vintage 2022 003.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Route 66 002.JPG Route 66 001.JPG
If you ever plan to motor west
Travel my way, take the highway that is best
Get your kicks on Route sixty-six

It winds from Chicago to LA
More than two thousand miles all the way

Now you go through Saint Looey
Joplin, Missouri
and Oklahoma City is mighty pretty
You see Amarillo
Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona
Don't forget Winona
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernandino

Won't you get hip to this timely tip
When you make that California trip
route 66 take 2 007.JPG

View attachment 451385 View attachment 451384
If you ever plan to motor west
Travel my way, take the highway that is best

It winds from Chicago to LA
More than two thousand miles all the way

Now you go through Saint Looey
Joplin, Missouri
and Oklahoma City is mighty pretty
You see Amarillo
Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona
Don't forget Winona
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernandino

Won't you get hip to this timely tip
When you make that California trip
View attachment 451383
I think this one is my favorite of all the ones you've posted.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I think this one is my favorite of all the ones you've posted.
All? How sad am I? Today, my wife Tina, and I were in the fabric store, see above comments in this thread and you will see the fabric that will be my next shirt.
Looking at the above comment, it made me wonder just how many shirts Tina has made for me. Can't believe this but there's seventy floral, as in Aloha style and a further twelve in plain fabric. The lady is truly a wonder to behold. Best shut up, she might want payment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui