Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heavy Wool Russian Military Longcoat on Ebay

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I'm surprised there are no bids yet. 20 bucks too much? [huh]

I wish it fit me. This coat could be worn out and about without you looking like a re-enactor, too, unlike with some old military clothing items.

D-503

Familiar Face
It's probably from the 1970s or 1980s, but the cut and construction are essentially unchanged from WWII. I'd bid myself, if I didn't already have three! (And if it wasn't 70 degrees!)

D-503

Familiar Face
Two things.
One, the insignia are probably post-war; WWII-era shoulderboards and collar tabs had piping based on the branch of service.

Two, WWII-era overcoats apparently did not have the lining extend to the, for want of a better term, right lapel (at least, that's what a Soviet reenactor once told me).

Other than that, it's basically identical to a WWII overcoat. As for the color, I don't know. I have postwar examples that are stone gray and others that are much more brownish, so I don't necessarily think that's the deciding factor.

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Color is actually pretty fluid, as the Soviets used all different shades of grey and Lend-Lease US brown as well. These are good overcoats, I have 2, and are getting harder to find, even in smaller sizes like this one.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Cool!

Man, the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. This condition doesn't improve as time marches on.

Side note: Butte, I lived on your street for years! I'm trying to get ahold of the address as we speak; my sister owned the place and will know the number. :) We were one block north of the 210 on the east side of the street, corner of Villa.

Small world.

Your shipping address is on the Paypal receipt. :)
Oh hell - I didn't even realize it was YOUR auction! Son of a gun. I read it so quickly, I missed the details. lolWell, thanks for the jacket. My son will love it - and let me know when you find out the address. How long ago were you there? It's changed a lot.My son called it "early post-war" and is close enough to make it a WWII piece. He's pretty good at this stuff, and is fluent in Russian, so I trust his judgment.

Last edited:
Just opened the jacket. It's perfect! He can wear it over his telogreika (as per regulations) and it looks as if it were made for him! He and I thank you much. Just hope we didn't kill off your stamp collection lol
Posting to affirm a great transaction with "randooch".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo