Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello all, new to forum

rrog

A-List Customer
Welcome to the lounge. Everything you ever wanted to know about fedoras, and even some things you didn't, can be found here. There's some great guys/gals in here. Pull up a chair, sit a spell.

rrog

Topdog

Familiar Face
Welcome Hawk, how did you get the epiphany?

The decision to begin wearing a classic hat style from 60 years ago is a life altering event.

You will now rate movies on the quality of the hats. You will view complete strangers that you see on the street in fedoras as kindred brethren. You will spend endless hous on ebay trying to snag the perfect vintage lid.

Things will never be the same for you.

Not that its a bad thing! ;)

Hawkhat

New in Town
thanks all for the welcome...

I play the harmonica and have always been intrigued by the clothes/hat styles of blues musicians. I was looking at a picture of Little Walter (possibly the best blues harp player ever)...he was wearing a stingy brim similar to the Stetson Mercer...then I thought, you know what, I'm going to buy a hat.

My wife thinks I've lost my mind, but I think she's resigned to the fact that I'm in this for the long haul. My first hat (in the Avatar) is a Biltmore utralite
1 3/4 brim with a cloth sweat band. I can't imagine a more comfortable hat. I also bought an older Bollman Morefelt off OFAS :) that I'm playing around with different bashes.

Like many others, the taller crowns and wider brims are starting to appeal to me more, although I have a short, "full" face, and from what I've read, I should stick with hats that are not too extreme in any dimension.

jacquieblues

New in Town
Hello and SOS~

I came across this forum when I was searching for long pointed collar shirts, (like the ones they wore in Goodfella's)
Zootsuit had a problem with the size I was looking for.
If anyone knows where I can buy dress shirts like this
I would be most grateful.

Thank you~

Lou

One of the Regulars
Welcome, Hawk, and kudos on the move to good hats. Have you seen the vintage wear forums? Lots of goodies to be explored here.

funneman

Practically Family
Welcome Hawk!

What started out as a search for a way to repair mothbites
on a Stetson has evolved into a totally new way of life for me.

As Topdog has already pointed out you will never see
things the same way again.

And you'll never find a more honorable group of men and woman.

Hawkhat

New in Town
Hatmakur, the Bollman hat is...

a cheap one. I've reshaped the crown a couple of times with a tighter front pinch using steam. Great to practice on, and I haven't destroyed it yet:) I like the idea of starting out with a modest collection then working my way up.

take care...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy