Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help a newbi ID this jacket

Pemulis

New in Town
Hello there! Long-time lurker, first time poster. I was hoping the knowledgeable folks around here could help me ID a jacket I found yesterday at a thrift store.

It's a Schott NYC A-2 type jacket in brown. the color in the pics is not true to reality, but I had only my phone with me and the lighting at the shop was not helping.

https://i.imgur.com/URozGWF.jpg

The lining is satin-like and has Schott imprinted all over it. It also says Schott on the zipper and the buttons.

https://i.imgur.com/rxuM8hz.jpg

The condition is overall good, leather feels strong but has been broken in enough to allow free movement. It has a few scruffs here and there but no scratches on the surface of the leather. Everything is perfectly stitched too.

They are asking 89€ for it. Is it worth the price?

Attachments

• 20181018_142006.jpg
    20181018_142006.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
  • 20181018_142357.jpg
    20181018_142357.jpg
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 20181018_142410.jpg
    20181018_142410.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Hello there! Long-time lurker, first time poster. I was hoping the knowledgeable folks around here could help me ID a jacket I found yesterday at a thrift store.

It's a Schott NYC A-2 type jacket in brown. the color in the pics is not true to reality, but I had only my phone with me and the lighting at the shop was not helping.

https://i.imgur.com/URozGWF.jpg

The lining is satin-like and has Schott imprinted all over it. It also says Schott on the zipper and the buttons.

https://i.imgur.com/rxuM8hz.jpg

The condition is overall good, leather feels strong but has been broken in enough to allow free movement. It has a few scruffs here and there but no scratches on the surface of the leather. Everything is perfectly stitched too.

They are asking 89€ for it. Is it worth the price?

They've made approximately 7 million version of the A-2 style so it'd perhaps be better to ask on Schott forum. Though you'll need a model # for that. You should find in on a tag located inside one of the pockets. Not sure where they've hidden it on an A-2.

For what its worth, I'm guessing it's probably either 684SM or 184SM, possibly made for European market, judging by the lining.

And yeah, for 90 Euros it's a pretty sweet deal. You should be able to easily move it for twice as much if it won't work for you.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
It's not the earlier eighties (674?) model, those didn't have removable liners or collars: they were permanently either fur collar and white pile lining, or plain collar and quilted lining. The inside zip for a removable liner shows it's the newer "four-way" model. How about the back? Older ones like my 674 had a horizontal seam across the shoulder blades, newer ones have a half-belt back like a G-1.

Great heavy duty jackets... but honestly, they're only vaguely A-2 inspired.

Pemulis

New in Town
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to take more photos. Aye, it has some sort of horizontal panel in hte lower back, like the G1 Doctor Strange mentioned.

Another sotre in the very same street has a similar jacket at 152€. Same style of lining and similar features, but I didn't take pics of that one.

Pemulis

New in Town
Again, thanks for the replies. It didin't occur to me to check for labels inside the pockets. For some reason, though, many of the jackets I've seen at thrift sotres have had the labels removed.

Unfortunatelly the store in question is on another city and won't be able to check back until next week or so. I hope the jacket will still be there... not many demmand for non-black leather jackets in said city. It it isn't... well, I'll just add it to the jackets I let go list, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21