Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help and ideas wanted

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Good day fellow adventurers.

I seek advice and ideas for a small aesthetic issue I have.

I bought a side/bum/fanny bag in China, while not vintage I thought it fitted my adventure gear quite well. However, it has a hideous, plastic buckle that I find spoils the look. I intend to replace the small plastic toggles with leather ones (or antler) but I am after ideas on the buckle. It does the job really well, easy to take off/on when out and about but it niggles me.

I had thought of spraying it a brass colour or covering it in thin leather rather than a replacement. So I thought I would ask for your ideas and suggestions to over come this styless problem. :) so as they asy over to you?

P3020011.jpg

P3020009.jpg

Thanking you in advance.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Those modern quick-disconnect buckles can also be found in a metallic finish, but you'd be just as well off painting the existing ones.

Actually what I would recommend is the old-style military pistol belt buckle like this one.
BlackPistolBelt2.jpg

Fitzcarraldo

New in Town
And the typical (and cheap) army belt buckle?
Military_Belt_Buckle.jpg

You could find a lot in any sport/outdoor/army/bargains shop (5 us dollars max).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran