Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help for a small guy wanting period boys clothing patterns

juup

New in Town
Hi.

AS Scionpi205 can attest, i'm a very small guy. I'm 5'5 1/2" and 110lbs at the heaviest. I love 30/40's style. But as I've discovered with my reenactment/living history kits, nothing is in my size and what counts as mens' small has to be heavily tailored to fit me.

I've also recently had the misfortune on ebay of buying a "vintage 40's" double breasted suit only to find the exact same suit (makers tag/sizing/materials/color/cut all same) on the rack at burlington when i went shopping for what could pass as business professional.

So my question is this, does anyone know of period patterns for boys clothing that could be used to at least make vintage looking stuff from period patterns using materials that would have been available at the time?

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Juup, we're the same height and I feel your pain about trying to find a good fitting jacket or suit...
I cannot speak about any patterns but I do know there are a few folks that run clothing outfits that will design any suit you can think of.

Do a google search for some online tailors, something might come up. If not, I have a suit that I'd be willing to sell to you to get you in the game, message me if you want some info about the suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy