Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help ID Bundeswehr? Jacket

Deacon211

One Too Many
I appreciate the skinhead concern! LOL!

But I kind of dig the grey leather. What is it about Germans and Feldgrau? Weren't U-boat leathers grey as well?

Anyway, for the price, I'd pick one of these up...I think they're kind of snazzy.

What's a well dressed German pilot wearing these days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
That is how I remember it Edward, a deeper reddish orange lining. I didn't buy one as I did not want to look like a skinhead !

Ha! I've been taken for a skinhead once... I was wearing a sky blue Harrington at the time. I guess that's many folk reference point for those in the UK. These do have a bitg of a 'leather L2x' look to them. I like the look of the black version, though the grey is more unusual. I've seen sellers offetinbg them both with and without handwarmer pockets.... I wonder were both alternatives issued?

Biggles88a

New in Town
I saw a grey leather flight suit - at the Lincoln Antiques Fair a one piece with the 'jacket' part looking like this one but continuing down into trousers with a crotch to throat length zip - sorry I didn't take a picture.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bomber-Flig...ir-Force-Grey-Jacket-/281604307022?nav=SEARCH
Only one I've ever seen but at £460 I didn't buy it. Was it fake- were these suits ever issued.

I think it is a good link. The price is about what you have to and want to pay. The real issued ones, to all three services Marine, Luftwaffe and Heer all had wicked sizes. I am 6 ft, 210 pounds. I wear a 42 Buzz Rickson L-2 size, a 46 in Goodwear A-2s and M-422,and a 44 in an Eastman G-1/ B-3. My German Fliegerlederjacke, grau, is a size 14 and fits slightly larger than people here would prefer. I didnt really care when I wore it It also actually is a Beckumer Factory item delivered to the Armed Forces. About 7 or 8 years ago the services aquired new all green Nomex/ Goretex flight gear, boring and not overly well made. The gray style somewhat hints to the old WW2 Luftwaffe cloth jackets and the Germans for some reason like this Feldgrau color. Not a bad jacket for the money, fashionable only among youthful glider pilots these days with Civilian patches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou