Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help identifying a sweater's era

Elvgren_girl

New in Town
Hi Folks,

I have this wool sweater that's been in my collection for years, and I'd like to put it on Ebay. Trouble is, I really don't know what era it's from.

The tag reads:

Reg U.S. Pat. Off.
100% Virgin Wool
"Radio"
A Better Knit Jacket
Pat. Sept. 1st 1925

I *don't* think the sweater itself is from 1925, I think it's later, but I am hoping that perhaps someone might have an idea.

The buttons are super cool though... they remind me of swirly bakelite. Any help would be adored!

sweater.jpg

sweatertag.jpg

pocket.jpg

button.jpg

Elvgren_girl

New in Town
Hi Gentlemen,

Baron I think I fixed the problems with the images! Herring - here are the measurements although just a disclaimer... it's in great condition but wow is it ever the itchy and scratchy show....

All measured flat:

Shoulders seam to seam: 18.5
Sleeve 19.5 cuff 5
Armpit to armpit 19
Collar to hem 26.5
Hip 18

I usually post as no international shipping but of course I'll make an exception! I'll definitely post when it's up on ebay. hope it's your size!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I have your answer

That's obviously from the Box That Bad Boy Up And Send It To Scott era.

:)

Wish it were my size. Been lookin' all winter for one like that.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Elvgren girl, i saw the sweater on ebay, but noticed you still have 'no international shipping' selected.....just wanted to check that you are willing to ship overseas ?

thanks
HBK

Elvgren_girl

New in Town
Herring

Yessir, I sure will ship it to you. Just use the "contact member" function and let me know what your screen name is. Shipping to the UK is actually much easier with regard to Customs duties, textiles, etc. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran