Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help identifying an old abercrombie & fitch jacket, Grenfell, Made in England

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
Hi,
I found a nice mint Jacket this weekend. Its Made in ENGLAND, GRENFELL Abercrombia & Fitch Co jacket. Its very nice and mint condition. It has an old Talon zipper. The zipper is just like the ones on my World War 2 M-41 Field jacket. Actually this jacket is styled just like my World war 2 M-41 Field jacket except there is no lining. This is just a light weight parka. Can someone help me identify this? Why would this be made by 2 Clothing manufacturers? Did Abercrombie ask Grenfell to make this with both names? or Vice Versa? Can someone help me with any information?
I found some other Vintage men's clothes as well I wanted to post to get information on, some are old Safari vintage shirts, made in Africa, and I found some old LL BEAN safari jackets, and trousers, which I think are from the 30's or 40's.
I would like to post all and see if I can get info on each, but I wanted to start with the Grenfell, Abercrombie & Fitch jacket.
Again the he Jacket Label says "GRENFELL, MADE IN ENGLAND ABERCROMBIE & FITCH, MADISON AVE NY, NY".

Is this from the 40's possibly, Could it be from the 30's, 50's?
As I stated the jacket is in mint condition. It clearly states it was made in ENGLAND.
Please let me know.

Thank you to any and all who can help!
Chad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner