1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Help identifying this cafe racer..?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by lina, Jan 13, 2019.

1. lina

lina A-List Customer

AAFC2274-1901-4FFC-B3D9-12EDF17CEFD4.jpeg CF2838AF-EDB7-4B5A-B622-AED9A3EAB07A.jpeg 709A7A99-5103-421D-A253-C54E4DE9F503.png 83DE25BF-4373-48F0-9031-46979FE6F7D3.png BA926F49-BB16-4AA6-92D7-D83A1FCC0EE2.png This was a very cheap thrift store buy, and it’s pretty thrashed, but I like the way it fits and wouldn’t mind finding a better version of it.

No maker label, and not many clues. Leather is pretty thin and doesn’t seem to be super high quality. Back is a single piece, with shoulder gussets (currently blown out). Plain snaps at the neck. Main zipper seems to be a replacement, but the sleeves zippers are Serval. There is a tag sewn in that says for cleaning send to “Leathercraft Process of Am[..]”. Once had a zip out lining, long gone.

One slightly distinctive thing: a corduroy strip at the bottom of the inner lining, which appears original. So, let me know if anyone has an idea.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I’ll hazard a guess just from the shot of the back and the collar: Fidelity Leather.
    That said, I’ve never seen one with a zip-in liner...

ksozay and lina like this.
  3. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

Lesco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lina likes this.
  4. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

The "leathercraft process" tag sounds like Schott, but I'm not sure.

lina likes this.
  5. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

Lesco - check out eBay for Lesco café racers and compare and contrast.

lina likes this.
  6. lina

lina A-List Customer

^^ I haven’t seen any Fidelity, Lesco, or Schott that quite match it, though of course that’s not conclusive. The liner zip does look like what you see on some Lescos, but they seem to all have a kidney panel on the back. Leather seems thinner than all of these brands, from what I’ve seen.

7. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

AbbaDatDeHat, lina and sweetfights like this.
  8. lina

lina A-List Customer

Hmm yes, could well be. I’m gonna follow up and see what I can find. Thanks. ( I have to say though, that corduroy hem really does look original. Or else it’s one of the best repairs ive seen on these old jackets.)

9. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

It could be! I've never seen it on a Sears CR but they varied a lot throughout the years.

lina likes this.