Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help please! Diamonds are a girl's best friend...

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I want to have a bridal shower for my SIL to be. Their whole wedding is centered around 'bling bling'.. the cake with have rows of rhinestones on it, etc..

Anyhoo.. I want to use "diamonds are a girl's best friend" as the shower theme. Any ideas on wording the invitations? I just want it to be cute, but not to look like she's greedy, and all she cares about is the diamond.. know what I mean?

I'm stumped...

Nikki

Shearer

Practically Family
Hmmm, you said you wanted it to be cute, so I'm thinking you don't want it over-the-top fancy shmancy either? Something kinda fun?

You could do the colours of ribbons/decorations/favours in Tiffany blue. If there's going to be a table with food, maybe sprinkle some sparkly glitter around. I bet you could even find fake plastic diamonds somewhere to put here and there.

It might be cute to word the invitations somewhat like the song in Gentleman Prefer Blondes.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
At fredflare.com they have big plastic diamonds that are pretty cute. I bought some for my girlfriends for Christmas.

Also try going to Party City and looking in the wedding shower aisle. I found some cute cocktail stirrers with diamonds on the top. They usually have lots of cute diamond themed stuff for cheap.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Don't forget the diamond tiaras! I just saw a bachelorette party at a restaurant and the bride-to-be was wearing a tiara. I think it was a cheap fake, but you sure could see the bling! Remember Marilyn really loved the diamond tiara. Maybe you could find some inexpensive fake diamond tiaras as party favors for everyone to wear?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thanks girls!
Still can't decide on how to word the invites..
But here's what I got for party ideas so far;

Cake will be a big pink jewelry box that is half open with jewels pouring out (one being that huge plastic diamond ring), black accents, white writing. Pink and black table decorations. They bought some diamond chips for the tables at the wedding and I'm going to cram a bunch into a tall jewelry box that I have so people can guess how many are in there for a game.

Crystal rock candy for the tables maybe.. or somewhere. Rhinestone jewelry for game gifts.

I saw some rhinestone/love totebags cheap at Oriental Trading.

Nikki

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
sung to the song....stick some music notes near it so people will hum along...

The diamonds are fun but the wedding is forever...

Join us in celebrating the fun part of <name>'s wedding with an evening of glitz and girliness.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I might suggest the invitations go out with a "ring" theme. There are plenty of party stores to cater to you, or you can make your own invitations. You might hand out large gargantuan plastic cocktail rings for the ladies to wear.

Tiara

Wedding ring shot glasses

COLOSSAL DIAMOND RING

You can also purchase sugar rock really cheap (Like a $1 a bag) and attach them to cookies or desserts so it looks like diamonds. Let me know if you need pics.

Vintage Betty

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
That colossal stuff is halarious, ha!
I LOVE the diamond shot glass rings. So irritating how they name stuff tho, I've done so many searches at Oriental Trading for diamond, ect... I wish those would've come up before.

Yes, I'll be using the crystal (sugar) rock candy somewhere. I have a recipe to make it too, but have never tried it before.

This is an extremely simple, extremely cheap affair. I'll be making the invites, and nothing special/fancy. I'm making the wedding invites so my real effort is going there, lol!

Nikki

Etienne

A-List Customer
Bed, Bath and Beyond has an ENORMOUS "diamond ring" paper weight that is incredible! (I got one for our daughter's shower last year which was in December and wrote that it was her first married 'Christmas ornament"! It comes in a gorgeous box--black velvet, as I recall....

For wording, how about something along the lines of:

Diamonds may be a Girl's Best Friend,
But this Bride-to-Be knows who the REAL gems in her life are!
Let's celebrate ____'s special day of glitz, glamour and girlfriends!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic