Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with A-2 Sizing

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

Hi, I ordered a jacket from Goodwear (39 Werber A-2) and I'm wrestling with the jacket and sleeve length. Normally, my measurements are 42 with a 25.5" sleeve and 26" back. I'm not too worried about the sleeves. I'm guessing he'll make them a tad longer to accommodate the wool cuffs moving up on my wrist.

The issue for me is about the back. I want to blouse the jacket while completely covering the belt, belt loops and very top of the pocket. I notice on a lot of A-2 repros the jacket lays flat at the waist because there's not enough material to blouse it. But when I look at old pictures, they have it bloused. Obviously, I prefer that look. What do you guys think? If my regular length is 26", should my A-2 length be longer if I want to wear it that way? How much longer? I've never owned an A-2 and don't know what to expect.

Here's a picture from Goodwear's website to show you what I mean. Check out the cats standing up in the back. They all blouse out their jackets.

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Original_A2_Jackets.jpg

767fo

One of the Regulars
You picked a great contract but the Werber is trim in the waist. Don't waste any time worrying about the fit. Once John gets all your sizing info he will nail it.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
If you're looking to blouse the waist you could consider John's new Security Aviation Togs A-2, which would fit the bill and also longer in the torso.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats