Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 689h sizing help?

blatman23

New in Town
Hi there!
6'2" 205lb athletic build here, with a 37" waist and very broad shoulders. no belly whatsoever but not "bulky" either, rather like a basketball point guard.

I am interested the 689 specifically because it tapers more than other jackets, which I love.

The only hint I have:
my current favorite jackets measures 24" pit to pit, 25.5" sleeve,. 21" waist and 26" length.
This jacket has been altered to these sizes by a leather shop, and it feels absolutely perfect.

Which size 689H is closest to these measurements? I am leaning towards the 44 just browsing around a couple posts here, but I would love it if someone with a 42/44 could measure up the jacket.

Ordering/Returning is not possible (overseas) so I need an educated guess, towards the roomier side so that I could alter it smaller it I must.

blatman23

New in Town
Jerri from Schott replied to my email (wow so fast!!) And confirmed the 44 689 has EXACTLY the measurements I like, minus a 22" sweep instead of my favorite 21" but I dont think 1" warrants an alteration.

Schambach

Practically Family
I had a 44, but was about 15 lbs heavier than you, and an inch shorter. It fit, but on the tight side. I bet it would work well for you. One thing I didn’t like was how shiny their hh is, I hear it dulls with time, but it was just too flashy for me.

mumpy

A-List Customer
I had a 44, but was about 15 lbs heavier than you, and an inch shorter. It fit, but on the tight side. I bet it would work well for you. One thing I didn’t like was how shiny their hh is, I hear it dulls with time, but it was just too flashy for me.
I have the 613SH in HH (not sure if the leather is the same as on the 689H) and it is quite shiny when new. It does dull but took me a few months. Wearing in the rain helps though.

Faux59

New in Town
I hope you have better luck than I. I absolutely hated my 689H and let it go. The leather was too shinny even after 6 months and the jacket didn't soften up any. That wind flap drove me up the wall!

blatman23

New in Town
I actually like a shiny HH but we'll see how it goes!

Optimally I would love cow CXL but there are never deals on horween jackets.. Used prices are too close to new.

Schambach

Practically Family

Optimally I would love cow CXL but there are never deals on horween jackets.. Used prices are too close to new.

Cool, then you’ll probably be happy with it. It’s a beautiful jacket, just a little flashy for me.

JB1

Familiar Face
My Schott 689h has a ptp of 24.5 inches and it's a size 40. I sized down 2 sizes. 20240208_185026.jpg 20240208_185039.jpg 20240208_185053.jpg

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm selling a new Horween Schott, just haven't had the chance to make a post/photos yet.

EDIT: Didn't realize this was OP. It would be too big for him I'd imagine.

Last edited:

AHP91

Practically Family
This might not be what you wanted to hear, but I owned the 689HH and I felt it had an odd cut. The jacket is overall cool, but it weirdly left too much room in the stomach area. Almost felt as if it was designed for carrying extra weight in that compartment. Totally different cut from other jackets (618, etc.)

blatman23

New in Town
This might not be what you wanted to hear, but I owned the 689HH and I felt it had an odd cut. The jacket is overall cool, but it weirdly left too much room in the stomach area. Almost felt as if it was designed for carrying extra weight in that compartment. Totally different cut from other jackets (618, etc.)
Interesting. What size did you pick and what is your waist size?

JB1

Familiar Face
That is so strange! So the sizing is not consistent huh? Schott said 44 has 24.5".

Can you measure the rest of it for me please? Shoulders,sweep, length, sleeves.thanks so much for taking the time!

Sure. I'll measure it in a few when I get a chance.
Seemed consistent in that the 42 I tried on was too big on me. This was at the nyc store.

JB1

Familiar Face
Ptp 24"
Shoulder 19"
Sleeves 24.5"
Back 25"

20240209_081256.jpg 20240209_081138.jpg 20240209_081026.jpg 20240209_080943.jpg

Attachments

• 20231124_134351.jpg
    20231124_134351.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 36
Last edited: