Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help With Custom Hat Order

raychenc

New in Town
My dimensions sought are 4-1/2 inch crown after bashed and shaped, 2-3/8 inch brim. I am not looking for anything too formal. More outdoor hiking and casual type fedora.

My dimensions sought are 4-1/2 inch crown after bashed and shaped, 2-3/8 inch brim. I am not looking for anything too formal. More outdoor hiking and casual type fedora.
All of my 'outdoorsy/hiking hats have wider brims to give me better coverage. 2 3/4' to 3"...most with a slight packer tilt to the brim.
The proportions of your choice match that of the Stetson LE I referred to. It is a very popular middle of the road/safe choice in a hat.

I am having a custom fedora made. Initially the default crown height was 5.5”. But I was worried it was too tall, and asked for 4.5” (with 2-3/8” brim), patterning it after the Stetson whippet.

Is 4.5” more versatile vs 5.5”? I do not plan on reshaping the crown much.

Thanks for your response. This is my first post and I am new to this world of hats. I appreciate you.

Who’s making the hat?
5 ½” as creased is VERY tall. I can’t believe that’s the default crown height on a fedora. I really think you are conflating open crown height and creased/shaped height. 5 ½” open crown is a very classic height that isn’t particularly tall…sort of the low end of classic crown heights.

Your chosen brim width wouldn’t be my choice for an outdoorsy hat meant to provide protection from the elements.

raychenc

New in Town
Who’s making the hat?
5 ½” as creased is VERY tall. I can’t believe that’s the default crown height on a fedora. I really think you are conflating open crown height and creased/shaped height. 5 ½” open crown is a very classic height that isn’t particularly tall…sort of the low end of classic crown heights.

Your chosen brim width wouldn’t be my choice for an outdoorsy hat meant to provide protection from the elements.
Brent, you are perfect person to reply. From agnoulita in Greece. It is the pandamator hat. The crown is 5 plus inches.

Attachments

• 05FB490F-8188-4F4F-9071-5FC75BEC62A9.jpeg
    05FB490F-8188-4F4F-9071-5FC75BEC62A9.jpeg
    524.4 KB · Views: 49
  • AAE66490-DB35-442D-BFE5-7D4D5D083EBD.jpeg
    AAE66490-DB35-442D-BFE5-7D4D5D083EBD.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 51

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner