Help With Custom Hat Order

Discussion in 'Hats' started by jcmjrt, May 29, 2011.

1. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack Practically Family

I would have to agree. If you are looking for a nice contrasting color, dark brown would fit nicely. I would definitely get some pics of different options though so you know you like what you're getting.

1967Cougar390 likes this.

2. Personally, I think black would contrast too much. David should have a good selection of ribbon and matching d ask for his opinion.

Here’s a pecan fedora that Another hatter made me:

A9CA4808-3CE9-49E2-B338-21F5867078A4.jpeg

3. 1967Cougar390

1967Cougar390 Practically Family

I agree with the other posts, black isn’t the best color. When I received my Stratoliner it had a black thin ribbon. I ordered a walnut and every picture I had ever seen had a matching ribbon. I really should have sent the hat back, but I decide to keep it. It grew on me, but definitely not my favorite combination.

A95563F6-555D-4D11-B7C7-92CF58C66D49.jpeg

Good luck with your choice.
    Steven

4. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

my brown Stetsonian came with a generic black ribbon and it looked horrid....criminal on such a nice hat...shoddy shoddy work.

5. David Hill

David Hill New in Town

His lead time is about 6 to 8 months now.

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  6. David Hill

David Hill New in Town

I really appreciate the feedback! I do agree now that the black ribbon won't be a good choice. I will see what he recommends with another color.