Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HELP!

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
HELP! I need a formal shirt with detachable collars for homecoming on the 30th! I can't order the shirt and collar set off the internet as I intended because I'm unable to use a credit card. :( Is there a place that sells these kinds of shirts in the LA area?
HELP!!​

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
You can try calling every vintage clothing store in the phone book and asking if they have antique collarless tuxedo shirts in your size. Don't hold your breath, though. The sizes tend to be small.

As for the detachable wing collars themselves, you won't find them in any vintage clothing store around here. You're stuck with having to order them by phone or through the Internet.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Yeah... nothing quite local unless you get in touch with locals who have the stuff on hand. I had a stack of vintage collars detachable until I gave them away (how was I to know I'd shrink to be a 15 1/5 inch neck?).

We know longer have a local Beauregard in the area who could outfit anyone from his garage.

Mcginty is out of touch.

Zack Vargas didn't cary the stuff as far as I know.

Thomas Pink and Ascot Chang and Turnbull and Asser's shop keeps would look at you cross eyed, and even if they didn't they would want over a hundred dollars.

Hmmm.

I'm thinking.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
For some mysterious reason, antique detachable wing collars are VERY hard to find, especially compared to those ubiquitous high, round collars.

In general, whenever deadstock wing collars show up on eBay, they go for mucho dollars.

Of course, there are always happy exceptions. Here's a recent auction that inexplicably received no bids at all:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-Arrow-Delu...5QQihZ015QQcategoryZ52389QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

shindeco

A-List Customer
Check in the yellow pages for "Dance supplies" and see if there's anyone who sells ballroom dance stuff. They usually have stiff shirts and collars (warning, collars are usually made of celluloid!) LA is sure to have something. I have no idea what the price would be. Probably not overly cheap.

What size?? Can always keep my eyes open here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR