Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hemingway Jones Is Back From The Hospital :-)

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
So sorry to hear you're in the hospital but kudos to you for classing the joint up with those shoes! :eusa_clap

You and Daisy are definitely in my prayers, hope you get to come home soon, fit as a fiddle.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
PastimeSteve said:
First, Daisy, you seem to be the most amazing friend I've ever seen. :eusa_clap I'm so impressed. Hemmingway is so blessed to have you for a friend.

I have to agree with this. You really are a wonderful friend. My thoughts are with both of you.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Tell Tim...

Daisy,

Magneto and my thoughts are with him. As someone who suffers from hypertension, I understand what he is going through. I've been down that road, and it's scary but with the attitude that Tim has, he'll be fine. You're being a good friend tell him that our thoughts and prayers are with him. Tell him that he's probably the most class that joint has seen in a very long time. But no matter how much class he's showing the joint, we want him back here nice and healthy so tell him to rest up. When I come to Boston I hope to go out on the town with all of you guys and he needs to be healthy for that. :)

Tell him to be well, chin up and if he keeps on classiin' up the joint like that...it's him that will make the nurse's blood pressure boil while they swoon.

FG (Jon)

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
best wishes to Tim for a speedy recovery! hopefully, he'll be back home in no time, or we'll all have to send him some vintage so he can be in style...
Smoking-jacket.jpg

(ok, maybe a bit too vintage; but it'll cover far better than those hospital gowns!)

Jerekson

One Too Many
Oh God, what a horrible experience!

Rest assured, he will be fine. I'm sure he will be well taken care of and back to normal very soon.

You are a very good friend, Daisy.
Feel better, HJ.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I hope he gets well very soon, and Daisy, you are doing one of the greatest deeds any friend could do. Standing by your friends through thick and thin. Tim and yourself are lucky to be friends.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
My best wishes and prayers that Tim get well soon and without any reprecussions.
Also to Daisy and everyone who is involved in taking care of him.

However, no intentions of scaring anybody, but being an MD, my 2 cents.
Hypertension isn't to be taken lightly. Granted there are quite a few people whose blood pressure goes up just from the sight of the medics, but it isn't something one can let go by saying it's always that way. You need to keep track of it, and if there are any symptoms, they need to be checked out. Getting winded and chest pains upon exertion are serious signs that need to be checked out by at least your PCP, preferably by a cardiologist.
The symptoms that Daisy has written is something that any dr upon hearing will tell you that you must be seen to pronto...no procrastinating.

Annual physicals are a pain in the *** I know , and costly as well, but if it catches something early, the bother and cost is worth it all. You owe it to yourself, and to your loved ones to stay healthy, so please, everyone, take care.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Everyone:)

I spent some time with Hem this evening. He is in a much nicer room than the room he was in at the ER. His pain is better, and he is resting, which is something this hard working fella certainly needs a bit of.
We still don't know exactly what is going on, but the doctors have reduced their theories. It could be one of two things. Now forgive me if I mess this up, my knowledge is of dentistry and GI problems, so I'm not very good with other problems. It could be either hypertension, which is high blood pressure. They think it just wen higher than his normal high, and that caused all of these painful and irritating symptoms. Or, it could be unstable angina. I honestly don't know a very easy way to explain this one, and being that it's late and its been a long day, I'm not gonna try to explain it. But, tomorrow morning he will have a lengthy exercise stress test, and hopefully he will know more about which condition he has. The stress test will give a definitive answer as to the angina. Not that I'm happy about him having any type of heart condition, but I know he will have some sense of relief finally know what it is that is going on.

While I was with him tonight I showed him the many get well messages you have all left for him. He was so grateful to see such an outpouring of thoughts and well wishes. He really is an amazing guy. Through this all he has remained exceptionally positive. I know his great attitude will have a huge positive impact on him coming through this. He sends his thanks to you all, and is really very happy to have such wonderful people giving him so much support. I thank you too. You all are so kind and thoughtful, it's overwhelming.

I will give you an update tomorrow after the stress test. It is supposed to take place between 9 and 10, but anyone who has ever had to spend anytime in a hospital knows that this time frame is unlikely to be kept. Hopefully though, they will surprise him and be on time and the test won't take too long. I will certainly pass on all of the well wishes that have come in since I last spoke with him. I know it will put a smile on his face to hear them.

Have a great night everyone, and thanks again for all of your incredibly generous support:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy