Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Herbert Johnson McAlpine still made?

thefish

Familiar Face
A few short weeks ago, I was laboring under the misinformation that the McAlpine was manufactured by Borsalino, (I have NO idea where I got that...)

I have since learned the error of my ways. Does anybody know if Herbert Johnson is still making this hat, and if so what colors, and what is the general price, (in boring ol' American dollars, please.) I'm considering an even BIGGER brim than my Fed Deluxe!

Thanks,

-D

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab

thefish

Familiar Face
Thanks, ST.

I've seen the raves and pics of Art's work here, but was at the time more interested in a researching a stock, open crown, Herbert Johnson hat than I could custom, (not to Indy specs. I've got a Fed Deluxe that's close enough for me. Even then, it's MY bash, not a Raiders or Temple, or Crusade. I'm not Harrison Ford. He's a nice man, but he can keep his hat.)

It seems however, that perhaps the inconsistancies in quality, the ocean between us, and questionable quality hat blanks from HJ of late have convinced me to talk to Art. I'll talk to him about it when I won't be wasting his time just asking lots of questions with really no clear intention of buying just yet.

Thanks again for the info. It was most enlightening ;-)

-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes