Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Here's the felt I am looking for...

Fedora

Vendor
This is a 3x Stetson that originally was sold by HJ. It was moth damaged pretty badly, the brim and top of crown. It is my yard hat now, which makes me want one like it really bad. I have examined 4 different 3x felts from Stetson, and non are like this. This is a lightweight felt on this hat, very dense, and at one time very smooth, almost leather like. Since that time, I have dyed it twice, in almost boiling water and reblocked it twice. This has fluffed up the felt just a little, but it still is better than most of my other hats. I have a vintage Imperial that is close, but this one was finer looking. The only other thing that comes close is my pure beaver, but this one even nudges it out of the way. Anyways here it is. http://public.fotki.com/Fedora/hats/vintage_3x.html

This is my favorite felt for a hat. Now, the search continues for one like it. :D Fedora

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou