Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERITAGE grade Akubra Campdraft in Silver Belly Campaign

Brando11

A-List Customer
Love the Heritage Campdraft. That's the only reason we really need, isn't it?

Hanging on my hatrack at work with a new elongated Teardrop bash:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I think there are a lot of OR fans on the forum that like that one style of hat. Which is fine an having various versions from different MFG. is a cool way of enjoying wearing your
favorite hat. I say enjoy if you don't want another silverbelly OR that is fine too. A few knocked the CD heritage as to tan and not enough silverbelly. I say whatever it fills a spot in my hat rotation for me.

Lastmohecken

Familiar Face
Regarding shrinking, mine definately shrunk. When I got it, it was too big, but after a light steaming, and later getting it wet in the rain, my campdraft did shrink from to big to too small. I had to use the hat stretcher on it. So, in my experience, they come big for size, but get them wet, and or steam them some and they definately will shrink.

EggHead

Practically Family
I think it may depend on the thickness of the felt. I have 4 Imperial Akubras. CD has thin medium soft felt, Sydney thin very soft felt, Leisure Time and Stockman thick medium soft felt. All 3 types feel different. I think that "Imperial" is assigned to content of the felt, not thickness or finish.
Anyway, I didn't experience much shrinking on any, although CD is my new hat and I will let you know in 6 months.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
I'm looking at getting the campdraft delux. I'm a little bummed out that it isn't a true silverbelly, from what I've read on this thread. But, I think I'll get one because I love my reagular taupe fawn CD. However, the silverbelly campdraft is much lighter than the taupe fawn color... right? Or is it only slightly lighter?

Also, does anyone have an LBJ crease in their campdraft? I would love to see a picture of this because that is what I'd like to do with my silverbelly CD.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Also, does anyone have an LBJ crease in their campdraft? I would love to see a picture of this because that is what I'd like to do with my silverbelly CD.

Silverbelly Campdraft Deluxe with cattleman's crease by Optimo.

1224111509a.jpg

AF

Edward

Bartender
Yes, paying out for a professional bash and the additional shipping must all add up.... I'm too cheap to pay anyone else to do it, but then my bashes don't tend to be very complicated, so!

Edward

Bartender
Don't see why not. Never thought to ask them myself, but then for me half the joy of buying an open-crown hat is in getting to do the bash myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran