Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey LA Loungers: cool film related tours in LA?

Doublegun

Practically Family
My wife and MiL are heading to LA in mid-May and are looking for things to do involving classic old movies. Nothing too cheesy - tours by homes once owned by stars of the "golden age", locals of old landmarks, they are not interested in stuff related to today's "stars" . Suggestions?

On a related note, they will be visiting friends in Camarillo, any cool or "boutique" hotels nearby?

Thanks,

JDG

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I'll admit to being more of a self-guided tour person, myself, and I am a big fan of Richard Alleman's Hollywood: The Movie Lover's Guide: The Ultimate Insider Tour of Movie L.A.; I highly recommend it.

They should definitely take in a picture at Grauman's Chinese (now called TCL Chinese Theatre, but it'll always be Grauman's to me), if something good is showing. And if not, they should still pop by to see the stars' foot- and handprints.

The Formosa Cafe is an historic spot where plenty of stars have dined and tippled over the decades.

Of the studio tours, I recommend Warner Brothers and Paramount; we were underwhelmed by Sony's (on the old MGM lot).

Doublegun

Practically Family
Thanks for the suggestions. Amazon delivered the book and my MiL is having fun planning the trip.

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points