Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey! There's an Open Road On My Head!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Boy Scot, you've really been adding to the wardrobe lately, which would not be complete without at least one Open Road. The great thing about the Open Road is you can wear it with just about everything. I've seen guys in vintage pics wearing them in everything from blue blazers to white suits. I'm glad you got one, it fits you well.

fedoralover

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Thanks!

Thanks very much everyone for your supreme kindness. :)

Mojave - you don't mind if I print your extraordinary compliment and keep it in my wallet?
This hat is a regular old C-crown, as it came to me. I like it!
The belt is a Nakona (sp). I got it from the local western wear store.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Wow - Scott, you nailed that look. Sharp as sharp can be! How about the jacket, pants, and such? Details?

Another image for my "aim for this" folder. :)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Than you for your great kindness, Atomic Glee!

The pants are, I believe, early 40's gabs. The jacket is a Prince of Whales from Hart, Schaffner & Marx, and the shirt's a Paul Frederick French cuff. Necktie is vintage.

DanielJones said:
Nice Open Road!:eusa_clap Looks good on you. That second photo give you a nice Will Rodgers look. Pretty cool!
OR2.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Yep, very vintage pose. I have a similar one of my great uncle John. That was the way to give it an identity all its own.
I think I have a Pendleton jacket in a very similar pattern. So I have to say its a greathat and jacket too. ;)

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner